This story continues to think its kind of cool when mostly it is just boring us to death with poorly realised characters who engage in overly edgy dialogue that amounts to nothing.
What to do when your cast is boring and your characters are going nowhere? Trap them in a room and have them discuss why they are there and why they want to escape. Because nothing screams excitement like a talk-fest giving thinly realised motives to characters we don’t care about. And when you end that with a girl opening the Door and dropping a Grenade, you just leave your audience wondering why she didn’t show up sooner. That and why a grenade in a closed classroom didn’t just end the matter. How useless are these grenades?
Honestly, I don’t even care anymore why they are there or what they want. I genuinely just want them to escape back to reality and then the show to end. Or not. Let’s just shut Mobius down with them all still in it and call it a day.
- Episode 9: Mystery Door, Locked Door
- Episodes 7 + 8: Absolutely Nothing Of Note Happening Here
- Episodes 5 + 6: Six Episodes For An Origin Story
- Caligula First Impressions
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
- Becoming a patron
- Buy the ebook ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘
- Use the affiliate link to shop Play-Asia