While there’s nothing wrong with this Episode, it all feels very much like we’re just stretching things out until the final with two aborted battles here.
If I’m honest, I kind of zoned out during this episode for a number of reasons, but the main one is that for the first time I kind of got the impression early on that neither of the battles taking place mattered. By the time that was confirmed with Carnival throwing his and the other one being interrupted by outside interference, I was more or less detached. And even though further revelations and battles are set up during the rest of the run time, it just didn’t grab me this week.
It seems a shame, given this season has been consistently pretty compelling, but this episode just felt like a lull. Almost as if they had to fill one more episode than they had content for.
- Episode 9: When Worlds Collide
- Episode 8: The Condition To Win
- Episode 7: It’s Going To Be Fun When These Groups Converge
- Episode 6: It’s Totally Unfair, And That’s The Way It Is
- Episode 5: The Rules Are Breaking
- Episode 4: It Just Got Real
- Episode 3: New Rules; Same Trauma
- Episode 2: There’s Just No Escape
- Lostorage Conflated Wixoss First Impressions
- Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Series Review
Thanks for reading.
Consider supporting the blog by:
- Becoming a patron
- Buy the ebook ‘Thoughts on Anime 2017‘
- Use the affiliate link to shop Play-Asia