A goliath structure looming amongst the clouds, Burj Khalifa tickets are the most sought after attraction passes in Dubai - and for good reason! Standing at a staggering height of 828 meters, it’s the tallest building in the world. In addition, it boasts the world’s highest observation deck - 555 meters (1,821 feet) off the ground! On one side, admire the vast Arabian desert; on the other, take in the stunning Arabian Sea. The view just doesn’t get better than this!
An engineering marvel like no other, the Burj Khalifa is bound to leave every visitor awestruck. With that being said, there are a number of different ways you can experience this incredible structure. From dining in the sky at one of the tower’s fine dining restaurants, to catching the sun set over Dubai from an outdoor observation deck, here’s your guide to selecting the best Burj Khalifa Tickets.
For more tips and information, check out our comprehensive guide to planning the perfect Burj Khalifa visit.
At The Top vs At The Top SKY
When purchasing Burj Khalifa tickets, you will have the option of choosing between the basic ticket (At The Top) and the premium ticket (At The Top SKY). At The Top Burj Khalifa tickets include access to the tower’s 124th and 125th floors, while At The Top SKY tickets grant access to the 124th, 125th and 148th floors. While the later of the two is obviously the more inclusive ticket, it does cost a bit more. Here’s what you can expect from each ticket to help you decide if At The Top SKY tickets are worth the splurge.
At the Top (Level 124 & 125):
With this ticket you will be able to:
• Hop into the world’s fastest elevators which travel at an astounding speed of 110 meters per second!
• Marvel at the wonderful sights of Dubai as you peer through the floor-to-ceiling glass walls of the observatories.
• Get access to the outdoor terrace 452 meters above the ground, where you can feel the cool breeze and take in a bird’s-eye-view of Dubai.
• On the 125th floor, look at Dubai through the eyes of a falcon with the help of new technology which shows a microscopic view of the city using an interactive display in the floor.
Burj Khalifa: At the Top Tickets (Level 124 & 125)
AED 135 (save 8%)
• Access to the 124th & 125th floors
• Conveniently redeem your e-ticket for fast and quick entry
Skip-the-Line Burj Khalifa: At the Top Tickets
• Skip-the-line priority access entry
• Access to the 124th & 125th floors
At the Top SKY (Level 124, 125 & 148):
This premium ticket includes everything listed above, plus:
• Access to the world’s highest observation deck on the 148th floor (555 meters above the ground).
• Refreshments including beverages and pastries at the 148th floor.
• Special access to the SKY Lounge where you will be served traditional dates and coffee before you make your way to the top.
• A personalized guided tour by a Burj Khalifa Guest Ambassador.
Skip-the-Line Burj Khalifa: At the Top SKY Tickets
• Skip-the-line priority access entry
• Access to the 124th, 125th & 148th floors
The Burj Khalifa has a total of 163 floors, but guests are only allowed to enter as high as the 148th floor. To fully understand and immerse yourself in the Burj Khalifa experience, At The Top SKY tickets are the way to go. Although, as mentioned, there is a price difference. However, when you consider the perks of a premium ticket - access to the world’s highest outdoor observation deck, scrumptious refreshments and an expert guide who will explain all the nuances of this magnificent structure - it’s hard to pass up on this once in a lifetime experience. With that being said, At the Top tickets still offer an amazing time so If you’re on a budget, this will be your best option.
Selecting a Time Slot for Your Visit
Once you’ve chosen which experience you would like to go for, there are a couple other factors that will determine the final price of your ticket. These include: whether you want general admission or priority access entry; and whether you would like to visit during prime or non-prime hours.
General Admission vs Skip the Line
When it comes to choosing between general admission versus skip-the-line Burj Khalifa tickets, you should keep one major thing in mind: time. It’s a fact that the Burj Khalifa is the most visited attraction in Dubai, drawing in over 180,000 visitors each month. As a result, the queues to enter can be very long and tiresome. More importantly, if your pressed for time, this could significantly reduce how long you have to spend at the top. During high season (October - March), wait times can easily exceed 1 hour. Even during low season, busy days can have lines that take around 30-45 minutes just to enter. If you have the time, regular tickets should be fine. But if you are in a hurry, don’t mind spending the extra bucks, or would simply like to avoid the long line, skip-the-line tickets are a perfect option.
Skip-the-Line Burj Khalifa Tickets
from AED 300
• Skip the long entry line with exclusive priority access entry
• Choose between At The Top and At The Top SKY tickets
Prime Hours vs Non-Prime Hours
Another important factor to consider before purchasing Burj Khalifa tickets is what time you would like to visit the observation decks. The attraction opens at 8:30AM, with admission every half hour. The last entry is at 10:15PM, 45 minutes prior to closing.
When selecting your time slot, you will either choose a prime time visit or a non-prime time visit. Entry during prime hours costs slightly more due to the fact that these tickets correspond with Dubai’s sunset. The views you get from the observation decks are absolutely spectacular, as you get to see the city bathed in a beautiful amber hue. Just imagine watching the sun setting over the Persian Gulf from the highest man-made point in the world!
|Ticket Time||At The Top||At The Top SKY||Price||Online Ticket|
|Non-Prime Hours||8:30AM - 3:30PM
6:30PM - closing
|7PM to closing||From AED 135||Book ›|
|Prime Hours||4PM - 6PM||9:30AM - 6PM||From AED 210||Book ›|
If you’re on a budget or can’t make it for sunset hours, don’t let this deter you from visiting. The views during non-prime hours are still absolutely stunning. On a clear, sunny day, you can see as far as the Palm Islands. At night, see Dubai in an entirely different setting, with its glittering bright city lights. There’s no such thing as a bad time when it comes to visiting the Burj Khalifa.
Sunset Burj Khalifa: At the Top (Level 124 & 125)
• Catch magnificent sunset views of Dubai
• Step out onto an open-air terrace to take in the unparalleled vistas
Now that you know all there is to know about purchasing the right ticket, here are a few tips that will help make your experience even more memorable:
• If you are travelling to Dubai during the busy months (October - March), be sure to make your reservation for the Burj Khalifa tickets at least 3-4 weeks in advance, online. Tickets sell out very quickly! Even if you are travelling during the off-season, it is recommended that you purchase your tickets online at least 2-3 days in advance. Aside from reserving your spot, purchasing Burj Khalifa tickets online will also save you the hassle of waiting in a potentially long line at the ticketing counter.
• Before you select your Burj Khalifa ticket date and time, be sure to check the weather forecast for the day you plan to visit. Bad weather like rain, haze and fog can drastically spoil the view from the top.
• Lastly, make sure you catch the fountain show that happens right under the Burj Khalifa. Fountain shows begins at 6PM and go on until 11PM, with shows starting every 30 minutes. You can catch the show from the observation decks - an absolutely magical vantage point.
The Burj Khalifa is open to the public from 8:30AM - 11PM everyday, with time slots every half hour.
The Burj Khalifa is located in Downtown Dubai, right next to Dubai Mall. While it’s pretty easy to reach, all general visitors will need to walk through the mall to access the entrance. No taxi will take you right up to the Burj unless you’re a resident, a guest at the Armani Hotel, or have a reservation at At.Mosphere restaurant. Once you get to Dubai Mall, you need to walk through the mall to the Lower Ground Floor (LG).
Take the Red Line to Burj Khalifa Metro Station. From here, you can either walk or take the F13 bus and get off at the next stop, which is the Dubai Mall Bus Stop.
From Abu Dhabi:
Take the exit to Financial Centre Road (Doha) from 1st interchange. The approach road to The Dubai Mall will be on the right hand side.
Good to know
1. The ‘At the Top’ ticketing counter is located in the lower ground floor of the Dubai Mall. If you have purchased your tickets online, simply display them on your smartphone at the will-call counter for a fast and easy pickup. The Burj Khalifa is open to the public from 8:30AM - 11PM everyday, with time slots every half hour.
2. You may cancel your tickets upto 48 hours prior to your date of booking for a full refund when you purchase your Burj Khalifa tickets online.
3. Children under the age of 4 do not require a ticket. Children between the ages of 4-12 have a special child price. Anyone above the age of 12 will be charged the full amount.
4. Large pieces of luggage are not allowed inside. However, you can check them in at the Secured Baggage Area located near the entrance.
So there you have it - all you need to know about selecting Burj Khalifa tickets. For more tips and information, check out our comprehensive guide to planning the perfect Burj Khalifa visit.
The post Your Guide to Selecting the Best Burj Khalifa Tickets appeared first on Headout Blog.