Constructed in 1896, the Winter Garden Theatre officially opened in 1911 with the production of Vera Violetta and has since become home to many iconic Broadway productions. Presently, the theatre is hosting the 2015 musical blockbuster, School of Rock. The musical is adapted from the 2003 Richard Linklater film and has been thrilling children and audiences alike since its premiere. Our Winter Garden Theatre seating chart will help you find the best seats in the theatre and make the most out of your Broadway experience.
School of Rock follows wannabe rock star Dewey Finn, who poses as a substitute teacher at a prestigious prep school. Upon discovering his students’ musical talents, Finn enlists his fifth-graders to form a rock group and conquer the Battle of the Bands. Great! Now that you’re all caught up on the show’s plot, let’s begin with our Winter Garden Theatre seating chart.
Address: 1634 Broadway, West 50th St.
Seating Capacity: 1600
Orchestra : 1045
Mezzanine : 486
Boxes : 36
Standing Room : 33
Check out the Winter Garden Theatre Seating Chart here.
Playing At The Booth Theatre
School of Rock
“It worked for the movie, and wow, does it work on Broadway, a double jolt of adrenaline and sugar to inspire the most helicoptered of tots to play hooky and go shred an ax…This is one tight, well-built show: underscoring the emotional arcs, and knowing when to get out of the way and let the kids jam.”
– Time Out New York
The hit movie that inspired the musical beautifully translates itself on to the stage. With a immensely fun energy, the show is a perfect family, feel-good musical. The score contains hits from the film as well as additions from Andrew Lloyd Webber - all of which fabulously bring the Winter Garden stage to life. Not only do the children dance meticulously to the thumping rock n’ roll, but also perform their instruments live. Yes. Live!
“School of Rock” is a fun and heartwarming musical. The production’s creative team - an extremely talented bunch of young actors and musicians - plus a legendary score and a promising new Broadway star, all blend perfectly together, making this a musical that quickly finds its way in every Broadway goers heart...
“School of Rock: The Musical” is the story of an out-of-work rockstar, Dewey Finn, who has been kicked out of his band and is short of money with an accumulating house rent. To make ends meet, he falsely takes on the job of a substitute teacher in a prestigious prep school. Upon discovering that his students have immense musical talent, he enlists them in an outrageous rock band competition.
Justin Collette as Dewey
Analisa Leaming as Rosalie
Jonathan Gould as Ned
Lori Eve Marinacci as Patty
John Allyn as Billy
Monday & Tuesday: 7 PM
Wednesday: 2 PM
Friday: 8 PM
Saturday: 2 PM and 8 PM
Sunday: 2 PM and 7 PM
These timings may be subject to change during the holiday period. Click here to check out the real-time seat availability and pricing for the Winter Garden Theatre.
2 hours and 20 minutes, with one intermission
Orchestra: Seating is accessible to all parts of the Orchestra without steps. There are no steps in the designated wheelchair seating location.
Mezzanine: Located on the 2nd level - up 2 flights (34 steps). Please Note: On the Mezzanine level, there are approximately 2 steps down per row. Entrance to the Mezzanine is behind row K.
Restroom: Unisex, wheelchair accessible restroom located on orchestra level.
Payphone: Located in the lobby. Accessible at 54".
Water Fountain: Located in the lobby.
- The Winter Garden Theatre is not completely wheelchair accessible. While there are no steps into the theatre from the sidewalk, if there are steps, either into or within the theatre, the staff will be unable to provide assistance.
- Seating is accessible to all parts of the orchestra without steps, making this section ideal for patrons who use a wheelchair. Please note that there are no steps in the designated wheelchair seating location.
- School of Rock is two hours and twenty minutes long, with one intermission. Plan your restroom break accordingly.
- On the mezzanine level, there are approximately two steps down per row and the entrance to the mezzanine section is behind row K. The Winter Garden Theatre has a wheelchair accessible restroom in the orchestra level.
The Winter Garden Theatre is located at 1634 Broadway, West 50th St. This is very popular locality, situated at walking distance from Times Square. Given its strategic location, getting to the Winter Garden Theatre is quite easy.
If you’re planning on taking the subway, there are plenty of options for you. You can either take the C, E to 50th Street and 8th Avenue, 1,9 to 50th Street and Broadway, or N, R to 49th Street and 7th Avenue. There are also plenty of parking spaces close to the theatre.
Restaurants near Winter Garden Theatre
1. Ellen’s Stardust Diner: This multi-level, '50s-themed diner with singing servers has an expansive menu of classic American fare.
2. Supernova: An airy, window-filled eatery in 226 West 52nd Street, Supernova serves New American fare in modern digs.
3. The Palm West Side: This clubby eatery serves high-end steakhouse fare, seafood and diverse wines.
4. Russian Samovar: Get a taste of authentic Russian in Broadway at this iconic eatery with live piano music to accompany the delicacies.
5. Blue Fin: A classy restaurant which serves pre-theater seafood and sushi served in a trendy setting with a glass-enclosed bar.
6. Gallaghers Steakhouse: An iconic joint for classic cuts and raw bar items in renovated digs, located on 228 West 52nd Street.
Our theatre district restaurants guide has more of the fantastic dining options around Broadway district.
The post Winter Garden | Seating Chart, Tickets, Tips & More appeared first on Headout Blog.