Most of the car owners have never had changed a Flat tire in their whole driving life and are unaware of procedure. This is dangerous because you car may run over sharp objects and get flat tires any moment and in absence of professional help, you may have to do it all by yourself.
Tires may get flat even when they are new and in good condition, therefore drivers must know the procedure. This is a quick little run down on what to know and steps to take when changing a flat tire. These are good universal tips for all of us.
- Drag your car from the main road and park it in a safe place.
- Get tire wrench and jack from your vehicle. Generally it is found in trunk but if you are still unable to find, look them up in owner’s manual.
- Follow the instructions given in manual and place jack in the right place. After this, get it snug on frame and do not raise it up.
- Start loosening all the lug nuts with the help of wrench. Once done, jack up the vehicle and take all the tires off the ground.
- Now when car is off the ground, start loosening lug nuts and do not stop until they come off. This will allow you to pull the flat tire and if it is done at an angle, rims will catch on bolt threads and will make the pulling difficult.
- Get spare tire from trunk and place it near you. It is usually smaller than original tire because it is temporary and is needed only to take car to the neared auto garage. Car owners get flat tires replaced here.
- Take spare tire and start lining up bolt holes with holes on hub, with rims or with bolts. Once done, put it straight on. Now hold tire and take out one of car’s tire bolts so that you can screw it into top hole.
- Now lower the jack and let tire land on ground. Recheck all bolts and tighten them again. Put wrench and jack back in trunk along with flat tire. You can purchase brand new tire for your car from our online auto parts superstore.
The post How to Change Flat Tire with Ease appeared first on AS Auto Parts Blog.