Indian is unique, you can experience France in India! Pondicherry, one of the 7 Union Territories of India, is indeed a charming holiday destination in India. The former French colony alongside the Bay of Bengal is truly one of the most magnificent sites. The top attractions in Pondicherry will create for you a memorable vacation with interesting sights and experiences. Here are the 10 top places to visit in Pondichery:
- Puducherry Museum – is located on Saint Louis Street and is open on all days except Mondays and national holidays between 10:00-17:00 hrs. It has a collection of rare bronzes and stone sculptures from the Pallava and Chola dynasties and artifacts excavated from Arikamedu.
- Eglise de Notre Dame des Anges – Also known as – Our Lady of Angels Church is one of the most popular places to visit in Pondicherry. Limestone was mixed with white eggs was mixed to create a mixture that gives it a marble-like appearance!
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral – One of the oldest churches in Pondicherry, it was built by the very first Jesuit Fathers that came to the French colony in 1689. Pay a visit to marvel at its typical Jesuit edifice.
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram – Spiritual bliss is one of the reasons that tourists from far and wide plan a holiday in Pondicherry. The Sri Aurobindo Ashram is a famous spiritual community and it was founded by Sri Aurobindo and Mirra Alfassa (The Mother) in 1926.
- Kallialay Surf School – One of the premium surfing schools in India, Kallialay Surf School is one of the unmissable tourist attractions in Pondicherry.
Other than these beautiful sites Pondicherry is a home to many beaches you’d like to spend your time at like –
6. Paradise Beach
7. Promenade beach
8. Serenity beach
9. Karaikal – a temple beach
10. Auroville Beach
So which one is one of your favorite places to visit in Pondicherry? Comment below!
The post 10 top places to visit in Pondicherry appeared first on Trip Experience Blog.
This post first appeared on Tripexperienceblog | Travel Experiences To Learn F, please read the originial post: here