New Orleans: known as the Crescent City, the Big Easy, and the number one city in the U.S. for 2018. This superb southern city always delivers magnificent meals, plenty of amusement, and even your fair share of mischief. Located on the Mississippi River near the Gulf of Mexico, this vivacious metropolis’ celebratory spirit and joie de vivre easily captivate the hearts of travelers near and far. Here are 10 photos to inspire you to visit the sweet Southern City of New Orleans.
1.The color. With its beautiful bayous, colonial architecture, and rich history, the colors of this city are constantly inspiring.
2. The music. From the jazz clubs on Frenchmen Street to the traditional brass band parades on Bourbon Street, New Orleans is a city filled with music.
3. The fabulous hotels. New Orleans has a bevy of beautiful and historic hotels. Whether you’re looking for a historic French Quarter hotel, a 1920s art deco buildings, or a modern luxe hotel, there are extraordinary accommodations for every type of traveler.
4. The history. The city of New Orleans is steeped in history. Even its steamboat Natchez is the last remaining steam powered ship on the Mississippi River.
5. The food. From the classic foods of jambalaya, gumbo, poboys, and muffalettas to the sweet, fluffy beignets, New Orleans is the premier city for foodies.
6. The charm. The St. Charles Streetcar has been operating since 1835 and it is the oldest continuously operating streetcar.
7. The romance. New Orleans is a city for couples to lose themselves in the history of America, the decadent foods of the South, the free flowing cocktails, and the fantastic jazz music that permeates the city.
8. The authenticity. For hundreds of years, locals traveled via horse and carriage. In 2018, mule-drawn carriages are still one of the best ways to see this historical city.
9. The architecture. From creole cottages to colonial architecture, New Orleans is an incredibly artistic architectural city.
10. The Hidden Gems. While New Orleans welcomes over 10 million visitors a year, there are still plenty of hidden gems scattered throughout the city. Our favorites: The Soniat House (hotel), The Spotted Cat (jazz music), and Bacchanal (wine bar & live music).
The post 10 Photos to Inspire you to Visit The City of New Orleans appeared first on Roamaroo.