A nice Ulule project which deserves support and sharing! Frédéric Zaborski is a newly retired teacher who is willing to give some of his time to NGO in Cambodia and Laos. He needs your help to gather enough chessboards for each NGO. The event will be covered by French Chess federation.
18 days left!
What’s about ?
• Provide 20 complete games Chess and 1 large wall board for 4 schools.
• Get out there from February to May 2016 to initiate adults and children. This will be done with the approval of four NGOs or local official structures of Cambodia and Laos working in the field of education in disadvantaged areas.
• This material will be supplemented with school supplies and magazines of Chess.
• A booklet of Chess rules and principles will be written in 3 three languages (French / Khmer / English and French / Lao / English)
Why Chess ?
• They are universal, are played everywhere, at all ages and among all ages. They are a common bond.
• They are trainers. Many studies show that regular Chess significantly improves academic performance. They develop skills such as imagination, sense of observation, attention, concentration, memory, anticipation, deduction, determination, thoughtful risk taking, …
• They are learning because they facilitate socialization, respect for others, respect for rules, tolerance and peaceful provide essential weapons to grow progressing.
His représentative : Frédéric ZABORSKI, President club since 2011.
For Who ? Where ? With which NGOs or local official structures ?
* The School of Chiro (Cambodia) with obt Cambodia. http://obtcambodia.wordpress.com
* The E.N.S. to Luang Prabang, Laos (poleactivitesfrancophones.org) whith “Compter sur demain” (comptersurdemain.org)
These two structures, enthusiastic about the project, joined very quickly.
The objective, in the medium and long term, is to install the game of chess in the school structure.
For this, the older students, accompanied by one or more adults in the school, will benefit from this initiation. They will, in turn, pass on to others what they have learned.
The pedagogical approach : * A mix of the Chess rules and games to observe, reason, analyze, count. Take the time to appropriate the space of the board, to appropriate action specific to each part before starting to play.
In a second time, games will be played by reducing the number of parts (eg : 8 pawns against King + King + 8 pins).
In a third time, the main principles of the game will be introduced : the importance of the center, the King’s protection, the protection of parts together, ….
Basic Duration : 20 hours spread over ten days + 1 as they want the rest of the day !
Extension : A distance (email, skype, mail), follow-up action will be implemented by French players or elsewhere, with the leaders of each school in the form of advice, documents, useful informations.
_________________Why help us ?
• Because in helping us, may, in the short term, 100 people discover a new area that will entertain them, will advance and strengthen.
• Because you will allow, these 100 people to discover other new field.
More about the project here: http://www.ulule.com/echecs-contre-echecs/
This post first appeared on Welcome To Cambodia ! | People, Culture And Beauti, please read the originial post: here