So you want to go to Myanmar? Just don’t. Why not? Read on.
1. Lake Inle is just like any other freshwater lake
How unremarkable! The lake in your neighborhood probably has entire houses, gardens and monasteries that float on the waters too.
2. And Bagan? Just your average skyline
Such a rotten view. Keep those eyes closed!
3. Who would want to visit the same place as President Obama?
Sure, the Shwedagon Pagoda is one of the most famous pagodas in the world visited by celebrities and world leaders, but hey, why would you want to as well? Avoid at all costs.
4. There’s nothing intriguing about the food
Nothing really appetizing about the sweet and sour, salty and spicy catfish noodle soup, also known as mohinga.
5. not much to shop for here
We’re sure you can pick up hand-painted paper umbrellas, sand paintings, colourful Longyis, local lacquerware and copper bells like this at your nearest mall.
6. everyone just sits around bored most evenings. nothing to do.
6. Not to mention, the country is historically disappointing
Would you really want to waste your time visiting a country dotted with ancient temples and historic sites?
7. And the local experiences are passe
Just your average fishermen rowing a boat with one leg whilst catching fish. Nothing special.
8. PLUS the locals just hate travellers
Obviously, all those smiles are faked.
So, there you go.
Now, why anyone would want to explore a land of golden pagodas, floating villages, delicious food and kind, welcoming people? Beats us.
Featured image source: Travel Asia Blog
Written by: Vandita Jadeja