An Island holiday is usually centred around water and lots of it. If you choose Ibo Island as your Mozambique holiday destination this summer, you will find yourself smack bang in the middle of the remote Indian Ocean. Your island is a mere dot in the greater scheme of things and when you set off on a scuba diving adventure, or deepsea fishing, or kayaking, dhow sailing, stand up paddle boarding, windsurfing, kite surfing, surfing and snorkelling, you will be smaller than that dot yet you will feel ever so important.
Water based fun at Ibo is all about feeling grand, feeling happy and making everlasting memories. Book your week at Ibo Island Lodge in the Quirimbas Archipelago, be you on honeymoon, with your children and family or simply alone looking for thrills and spills. Take a look at our wonderful choice of water activities for some fun adventure in the sun:
- A Mozambique Yacht Charter: Experience some of the best island hopping, fishing, diving, exploration, water-sports and discovery in one of the most beautiful and sought-after destinations in the world – on board a yacht that is also your floating hotel. Mozambique Yacht Safaris offers the adventure traveller something different, something exciting and something elite. Picture two elite catamaran yachts with enough space for eight people each, including fantastic cuisine, incredible sunsets and sunrises, explorations of untouched islands and access to nearly every ocean water sport imaginable.
- Dolphin Safari Encounter: Set off by boat to find the dolphins, ethereal creatures not shy of your human presence. Slip quietly into the water with your snorkel and fins on and swim alongside the family groups of silent underwater creatures. On some days, you can see them socializing and play around with each other, picking up sticks and rocks from the bottom as they teasingly bite each other’s fins and tales while surfacing and curiously looking at you once in a while – that is, if they don’t invite you to play along by handing you the stick too!
- Guided Sea Kayak Excursion: Allow our expert guides to lead you into these untouched ecosystems where endemic rare bird species, plants and animals hide. Lush, fertile mangroves tell a story about the environmental conservation at Ibo Island where natural life is as important as the tourists who come to see it. Paddle your way up the channels, stopping for photographs and later for a serene picnic on a seashore somewhere private.
- Secret Sand Bank Beach Experience: Head out to sea when the tide is low to find Ibo Island’s best beach – which only emerges from the ocean at low tide. Disembark onto a vast wedge of sand as our staff put up the Bedouin umbrella and lay the table with drinks and snacks. Go snorkelling for hours and read a book. When the tide laps around you, jump back on the boat and head for the dry sundowner deck of the Vista Lounge for more relaxation with a view.
- Kite Surfing: When the wind is right, get out your kite, even at Ibo Island! The big kite surfing season is hot when the big winds blow during April to September. These south-easterly trade winds, or Cusi, average 20 knots and there is no associated rain or cyclones; the swells remain constant. When the winds stop completely for 2 to 3 days at a time, kite surfing fanatics are forced to take a break and try fishing or diving instead…
- Stand up Paddle Boarding: Leave surfing and kayaking for the birds and try one of the most popular sports today, stand up paddle-boarding (SUP). This challenging sport requires the calm seas around Ibo Island. It is exciting to put yourself at the mercy of the sun, the sea, the wind and the waves and see how far you can SUP in the azure seas of the Indian Ocean off Mozambique.
- Scuba Diving: Visit Dive Quirimbas, the slick diving outfit on Ibo Island where a pro dive instructor and expert boat crew take you out to meet dolphins, whales and myriad exotic fish. They offer scuba diving to accredited divers as well as PADI DSD’s, Open Water and Advanced dive training courses. One of the most unique dive and adventure experiences in Africa, Ibo Island and her surrounds has some wonderful dive sites that recent guests have been raving about.
As if this is not enough, there is so much fun to be had when you choose water-based activities at Ibo. Check your dates with us and we will book you a luxury suite with ocean views and you will spend full days on the water.
The post Water Based Fun at Ibo appeared first on Ibo Island Lodge.