The ‘Best of the Best’ Luxury Travel Awards marked the 28th Annual Virtuoso Travel Week Conference. Forbes’ International luxury travel network Virtuoso announced the winners. The winners have been decided after a survey of 390-plus travel agencies and more than 11,400 elite travel advisors. The winners in categories, range from best achievement in design to the best family experience. The nominees are among the world’s finest and the winner tops the list.
1.BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN DESIGNThe Award Nominees for BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN DESIGN were:
- The Langham, Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- The Temple House, Chengdu, China
- Mandarin Oriental, Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
Faena Hotel Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.
The deserving winner, Feana Hotel Miami Beach is a vision. The iconic hotel, is known for its stunning Art Deco appeal and old-world grandeur. The oceanfront hotel features designs that transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Enter into a world where the design speaks of the finest of luxuries.
2.BEST CULINARY EXPERIENCEThe Award Nominees for BEST CULINARY EXPERIENCE were:
- Michel Guérard – Les Prés d’Eugénie-Michel Guérard, Eugénie-les-Bains, France
- The Colony Grill Room – The Beaumont, London, UK
- IGNIV – Grand Hotel Quellenhof & Spa Suites, Bad Ragaz, Switzerland
- Shang Place – Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
The Farmhouse Restaurant – Farmhouse Inn, California, U.S.
Boasting of the Michelin starred restaurant, Farmhouse Inn, California is the awarded for its culinary experience. The spectacular menu filled with organic, farm-to-table country cuisine paired with an extensive wine program tantalizes you taste buds. Try the crafty cocktails, a specialty here.
3.BEST FAMILY PROGRAMThe Award Nominees for BEST FAMILY PROGRAM were:
- Hotel Le K2, Courchevel, France
- Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort Fiji, Savusavu, Fiji
- St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
- The Peninsula Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Rosewood San Miguel de Allende, San Miguel de Allende, Mex
Set at blessed environs, the hotel offers the best experiences for a family holiday. The hotel meets the diverse needs of a family. The lady of the house can enjoy shopping, the man- a game of golf and the children- art and the elders - theater or art. The city tour entertains all, as the pleasures are not limited for any age.
4.BEST SPAThe Award Nominees for BEST SPA were:
- Mandapa, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Bali, Indonesia
- Six Senses Laamu Hotel, Laamu Atoll, Maldives
- The Mayflower Grace, Connecticut, U.S.
- La Réserve Genève, Geneva, Switzerland
Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Lake Como, Italy
The spa at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, T Spa is a wonderful combination of harmony, care and impeccable services. The spa offers stunning views of Lake Como and has pleasing treatment that use herbs. With more than 100 years of history, this hotel offers unparalleled hospitality through its well-appointed rooms and innumerable gastronomical delights.
5.MOST INNOVATIVE GUEST EXPERIENCEThe Award Nominees for MOST INNOVATIVE GUEST EXPERIENCE were:
- Saffire Freycinet, Coles Bay, Australia
- Carmel Valley Ranch, California, U.S.
- Schloss Elmau, Elmau, Germany
- Estancia La Bamba de Areco, San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil
Waking up to the sound of a gushing Iguassu fall, one of the best experiences this hotel has to offer to its guests. The property lies just adjacent to the waterfalls and offer a breathtaking view. The hotel has all the all the world-class comforts such as indoor and outdoor activities, fine-dining venues and luxurious rooms.
6.SUSTAINABLE TOURISM LEADERSHIPThe Award Nominees for BEST SUSTAINABLE TOURISM LEADERSHIP were
- Cavallo Point – The Lodge at Golden Gate, California, U.S.
- Blancaneaux Lodge, Central Farm, Belize
- UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa, Trancoso, Brazil
- Tswalu Kalahari, Tswalu Kalahari, South Africa
andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
andbeyond is a unique travel enterprise executing personalized luxury safaris in 15 African countries as well as organizing bespoke tours in Bhutan, Nepal, India, Chile and Argentina. Established in 1991, the company also operates 35 fantastic lodges and camps in Africa and India and is aimed at providing exceptional luxury along with responsible and sustainable travel experience to guests.
7.ONE TO WATCHThe Award Nominees for BEST ONE TO WATCH were
- Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogotà, Bogotà, Colombia
- D Hotel Maris, Marmaris, Turkey
- Park Hyatt St. Kitts, St. Kitts, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Il Sereno, Lake Como, Italy
Hotel Eden Rome, Dorchester Collection, Rome, Italy
Hotel Eden in Rome is a part of the Dorchester Collection which are one of the world’s leading luxury hotels in Europe and USA. The hotel is bedecked with excellent amenities and the services are top of the line in the category for a unique residence and luxury experience for the guests in the fabulous city of Rome.
8.HOTELIER OF THE YEARThe Award Nominees for BEST HOTELIER were
- Nikheel Advani – Grace Bay Club, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
- Deborah Yager Fleming – Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, Florida, U.S.
- Roberto Payer – Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Philip Barnes – Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver, Canada
José Silva – Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, Paris, France
Jose Silva is the Regional Vice President and General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel George V. Born in Azores in Portugal, Silva acquired his education in Canada. Thereafter he entered the service industry with his forays with different hotels. This award recognizes Silva’s undying passion for designing the future of hotel as well as looking for innovative experiences for the guests of Four Seasons.
9.HOTEL OF THE YEARThe Award Nominees for HOTEL OF THE YEAR were:
- Burj Al Arab, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Amanpulo, Pamalican Island, Philippines
- Mandarin Oriental, Milan, Milan, Italy
- Ritz Paris, Paris, France
Borgo Egnazia, Savelletri Di Fasano, Italy
Worthy of the title, Borgo Egnazia, Savelletri Di Fasano, Italy has several allures such as remarkable ambiance, orgasmic food, finest of alcohol, warm and trained people, and a divine spa. Panoramic setting, luxurious and spacious accommodations and world-class service offers unforgettable experiences. During your next visit to Italy, do not fail to make a booking here.