We wish you a very happy New Year from Resorts West!
Every year, many of us in the office make the same Resolution. Even though we live in a mountain mecca, where Skiing and snowboarding are readily accessible, we never seem to sneak in enough days. So we resolve to get more powder, more first chairs, more time with the family, and simply more time on the mountain. (And with this year’s snow, there’s no excuse not to follow through!)
Because we realize many of you make the same resolution, we put our heads together — and enlisted the advice of some frequent New York and Los Angeles skiers — to help you make it happen. Here are our recommendations:
1. Learn the art of weekend skiing. Not all ski vacations need be week-long affairs. With direct flights from New York putting skiers on the slopes (not just the airport, but clicked into skis and carving turns) the same day they arrive, the art of spontaneous skiing is easily realized in Park City — using few if any vacation days. “I leave Thursday evening after work and I’m back by Sunday night after two solid days of skiing,” confides one Manhattan skier. “Some people take summer Fridays — I take powder Fridays. I would rather be skiing than in the Hamptons anyway.”
2. Write down your goal. ”I take my resolution to ski more seriously,” says a Los Angeles resident who flies to Park City four times a season or more. “I’m a little competitive, even with myself, so when I say out loud that I want to get, say, 40 days in this year, I can’t go back on it. I’m making that happen — and usually, I’m bringing friends along for the ride.” We can make the accommodations side even easier for frequent flyers by reserving the same condo or private home for you each time you stay. Ask us how to make one of our properties yours for the season.
3. Rent your equipment – and avoid lines, too! Your concierge can arrange to have your rentals delivered and fitted right as you check in, so you are sure to have the right equipment for the conditions. Pack light, carry on, and enjoy more days on the hill. (If you love your skis, you can seamlessly ship them ahead with LuggageForward. We’ll have them waiting for you at your home or condo when you arrive.)
4. Take your business to the slopes. It used to be that big deals (and big plans) were made on golf courses. The same can now be said for chairlifts. A retreat away from the office can help rejuvenate your team and spark creative ideas or provide the perfect setting to launch new partnerships in 2016. Your concierge can set up everything you need to keep business going without skipping a beat, from high-speed Internet to private meeting space with projector screens and stadium seating.
5. Forget about snow. Everyone lives for powder days — but if you want to get more days in on the mountain this year, resolve to be an all-conditions skier. Up your speed game on groomers, challenge yourself with moguls or explore a new resort. With a dozen ski areas clustered within an hour’s drive, Utah makes this particularly easy. Your concierge can recommend the best ones to try based on your ski style, then help arrange your day.
Need more suggestions? Call us! We are always delighted to offer recommendations or simply talk skiing. Contact us at 1-877-773-1117 or e-mail [email protected]
This post first appeared on Park City Real Estate & Lodging Info | Resorts Wes, please read the originial post: here