You have decided to visit the oldest capital in Europe but you are not sure where you will stay? No problem at all! The last years I live in London and I come regularly to Athens for work, so many times I stay at hotels in the centre. On this list, I gathered the best luxury hotels in Athens.
Quickly: Where to stay in Athens?
- Athens is a very large city, so you have to be cautious about the hotel that you are going to choose. Mainly there are 5 areas as possible options, Monastiraki, Plaka, Koukaki(very hip neighbourhood), Syntagma and Keramikos(used to be rough but bow it is quite upcoming).
- The historical centre of Athens is beautiful and charming. It includes Syntagma, Plaka, Monastiraki, Thiseio, Acropolis and Anafpliotika Athens and I strongly suggest you walk around without a map and route. Just a quick tip, there are some areas outside the historical centre where are the nicest in the city.
- If you are not sure how many days you should dedicate to Athens, then I recommend at least a period of 3 days!
- The best luxury hotel in Athens is the Grande Bretagne on Syntagma Square.
- The best bars in central Athens is Noel Bar and the Clumsies in the centre and have been voted as some of the best cocktails bars in the world!
- The best restaurant for me is Spondi – quite expensive though – if you are looking for something elegant.
The Best Luxury Hotels in- Athens
Hotel Grande Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel – Syntagma Square
To my opinion, this is the best hotel in Athens. It is located as central as it gets in a historical building just opposite of Syntagma Square and the House of Parliament and in walking distance to almost all attractions. Note that the view from the hotel’s roof Garden Restaurant is incredible and you can see the original Olympic Stadium, Acropolis and Parthenon. Check the prices here!
Electra Metropolis – Plaka
This is a 5-star hotel, which is situated in a perfect location, very close from Syntagma Square. I really like and enjoy the rooftop restaurant and the amazing views and you can visit it even if you don’t stay at the hotel! Check the prices here!
King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel – Syntagma Square
It is next to Hotel Grande Bretagne, which means that the location totally spot on!
I am a huge fan of rooftops – probably it is quite obvious! – so this hotel has some breathtaking views from the seventh floor and Acropolis and Plaka is really close! Check the prices here!
Hilton – Next to Kolonaki
Hilton is a famous hotel chain and it has a strong presence in Athens. The specific hotel has a stylish rooftop Galaxy Bar, which offers – guess what! – Acropolis views from its open-air terrace. It located close to National Art Gallery, the Athens Concert Hall and the Kolonaki shopping district. Check the prices here!
AthensWas Hotel – Plaka
The hotel sits on Dionysiou Areopagitou, which I believe is the most scenic pedestrian street in Athens and opposite of the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum! So, what else you could ask for?! Also, the Temple of Olympian Zeus is a few steps away and Syntagma Square is a 10-minute walk away. Check the prices here!
Coco-Mat Hotel Athens – Kolonaki
Coco-Mat Hotel, in one of the most high-end districts of Athens, in Kolonaki is really comfortable, with a beautiful roof terrace with excellent views! The whole area has everything that you might want, namely from modern bars to restaurants and premium boutique shops. Check the prices here!
Wyndham Grand Athens
You might not see this in similar lists because it is a new hotel in Athens. This means that it very modern with high-end facilities and beautiful decoration. This is situated in Keramikos area, where it used to be a little bit rough, but recently it has become trendy with various bars and probably one of the best restaurants in Athens, the two Michelin star, Funky Gourmet. Check the prices here!
The Zillers Boutique Hotel
I personally like this hotel as its location is fantastic but especially because the feeling is quite unique as it hosted in a beautiful historic building. Very often I visit the rooftop just for a coffee or lunch even if I don’t stay there. Note also that I think that Zillers Boutique provides a very good value for money! So, think about it! Check the prices here!
Here is the map with all the best luxury hotels in Athens. If you have any question, please just ask me!
The post Best luxury hotels in Athens! appeared first on About Athens.