Green Acres Beach & Trail Rides Tours
Enjoy a 1-hour horseback ride that begins at Green Acres Beach & Trail Rides’ beachfront location in the heart of Pacific City. Within a few minutes, you and your horse will be making your way into scenic Bob Straub Park. When it is time to double-back, you will venture up into the sand dunes, eventually heading back to the water’s edge for the home stretch.
This ride is for all levels of experience, and is $110 per rider.
The Park Tour
The 2-hour Park Tour is perfect for the more experienced rider that is looking for more than a relaxing ride on the beach. This ride leaves the water’s edge early and heads towards the Nestucca River, following it almost all the way to the end of the wildlife-laden spit. From the spit, you will head up into the steep dunes, which the horses love to run up and down. At this point of the ride, you can choose to stay up on the dunes, or head back down to the water’s edge.
This ride is geared for experienced riders only, and is $250 per rider. Reservations must be made over the phone. Please call 541-418-2313.
Private Rides are also available, but limited during the peak season. Reservations must be made over the phone. Please call 541-418-2313.
Come meet Calvin and Frank at their corral in Pacific City. Take a ride on a real camel, and get a great photo with the iconic Haystack Rock in the background. All ages welcome, and two people can ride together!
Contact Camel John directly for availability at 503-457-3161.
- They often have more availability and flexibility than the online booking shows in order to allow for unforeseen circumstances and last-minute reservations. If your party does not see any available times, just give them a call, and they will do their best to accommodate your party.
- Rides will begin about 30 minutes after your scheduled arrival time and the whole experience will take at least an hour and a half. Typical ride times are 10:30am, 12pm, 1:30om, 3pm and 4:30pm.
- All rides include a 15-minute tutorial, and a “wind-down” period where you can reward the horses with carrots, and get those close-up pictures!
- Riders must be at least 8 years old, and weigh less than 240 lbs. They may be able to accommodate heavier riders, but it is recommended to call regarding availability.
- Riders under the age of 18 will need a parent to sign for them. Please print the release form and have the parent or guardian sign if you are traveling with minors. They also have release forms on site.
- All riders will have their own horse, as insurance does not allow doubling up.
Booking Policy – A deposit of $50 per person is required at the time of booking to secure your reservation. The balance is due at the time of the ride. They do offer a $10 per person discount if the balance is paid in cash.
Ready to go on your own Pacific City Horseback Riding Adventure?
Book Your Pacific City Stay with Meredith Lodging
Ready to plan a memorable Pacific City getaway? We are here to help! You can view our entire Pacific City Vacation Rentals Collection online, or call our Reservations Team at 877.778.9055 to help book your stay. We hope to see you out on the dunes soon! In the meantime, follow us on social and post those vacay pics with the tag #STAYWITHMEREDITH.
The post Pacific City Horseback Riding: A Relaxing Ride on the Beach appeared first on Meredith Lodging .