The photo of Pattaya’s new Lifeguard tower is making the rounds and I’m sure lifeguards everywhere cringe as it comes across their screen. As a former lifeguard I would have two words for the person who was tasked with showing me to my post, “I quit”. I can only imagine how the help wanted advertisement will look:
Lifeguard – Pattaya Beach
- 16 years of age or older.
- Completion of lifeguard training.
- Related experience a plus.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- AED certification preferred.
- Available to work shifts
- Physically fit.
- Able to withstand extreme heat and exposure to the sun.
- Able to sit/stand in direct sunlight for 6-8 hours in temperatures that rival only that of Satan’s taint.
- Candidate must have phenomenal balance (so the tower doesn’t fall over).
Thailand should have done a Google image search for “Lifeguard Tower” prior to making any decisions. Let’s compare Thailand’s newest addition to some real life guard towers you may find elsewhere.
And then…we have Pattaya’s “Lifeguard Tower”
Have you ever been on Pattaya beach? It’s not the coolest of breezes coming off of those barely moving waters. This lifeguard tower looks like a death-trap waiting to happen. Will it fall over? Only time will tell.
How long do you reckon it will be before the first lifeguard goes down from heatstroke? We should take some wagers.
The post That is NOT a Lifeguard Tower appeared first on Pattaya Unplugged.