Are you thinking of taking your baby for a Swim in the pool? Not sure as to which diaper would be the best?
Without a doubt, the answer to your question is baby Swim Diapers. Swim pants or swim diapers are specifically designed to use in the ocean or pool in order to ensure your baby’s bum is properly covered.
In this article, we have mentioned all the necessary information that you need to know about baby swim diapers and their benefits.
So, let’s dive in!
The Importance & Purpose of Baby Swim Diapers
The use of swim diapers for infants and toddlers is particularly important in public swimming centers. This is because of the following reasons:
- A swim diaper can help you avoid bathroom accidents when in the pool.
- Swim diapers help you reduce the risk of bacterial contamination and infection.
- Using swim diapers you can decrease the waste that is produced due to bacterias such as E.coli.
Apart from these, there are other reasons why parents prefer a swim diaper as compared to the regular ones. Here are some of them:
- Swim diapers don’t swell up like the regular ones.
- Swim diapers are very easy to use.
- You can find these diapers in various sizes.
- It helps you keep your baby safe and healthy
Why Should You Buy Swim Diapers and Not The Normal Ones?
A swim diaper is made especially for beaches and pools. Its purpose is to help prevent swell-ups and ensure it remains intact throughout time. Here are some of the differences between regular and swim diapers that you need to know.
- Baby Swim Diaper
- Absorbs minimum water when in the pool
- Does not add additional weight
- Easy to wear and remove
- Comes with various fun designs
- Normal Diapers
- Absorbs a lot of water and adds extra weight on the diaper
- Starts to sag once it becomes wet
- Feels uncomfortable after it swells
- Does not retain urine when in the pool
Reusable Swim Diapers v/s Disposable Diapers
Both disposable diapers and reusable swim diapers are a good option. But in public pools, they mostly allow just the reusable swim diapers. So ensure you are checking with the facility before you leave.
Here are some of the features of both disposable and reusable swim diapers:
- Organic and antibacterial
- Naturally rash resistant
- Soft and comfortable for babies
- Durable and anti-fungal
- Must be cleaned immediately if soiled
- Has to be changed away from the pool
- Can be used after completely washing it
- Available in different styles
What Features to Look For In Swim Diapers?
There are several swim diapers available in the market and you can choose any of them as per your requirement. Don’t forget to consider the following features for a swim diaper:
- Reliable along with cute designs
- Tear away tabs to easily remove the diaper
- Water absorbent so that it doesn’t swell when in the pool
- Leak guards to prevent leakages
- Comfortable fit with stretch sides
- Label for identifying back and front
- Easy to clean
- Easy to put on
- Shouldn’t add extra weight after getting wet
- Easy to reuse after cleaning
How Can You Use Baby Swim Diapers?
Here we have mentioned a few ways in which you can use these swim diapers:
- Put on the swim diaper on your baby
- Over the diaper put on swim pants (this is completely optional)
- Keep checking the diaper every 30 to 60 minutes to see if it has been soiled
- Make sure you take your toddlers for frequent bathroom breaks
- If the diaper is soiled, take your baby away from the pool
- Change the old swim diaper with a new one
- Throw disposable diapers or clean them if you’re using a reusable one
- Wash the reusable swim diaper again once you’re back home
Every swimming center will have different sets of rules on the type of swim diapers that can be used. But overall, the idea is the same – keeping the pool safe and clean for others.
Some facilities might let your baby wear any kind of diaper, whereas some might ask you to make your baby wear two kinds of swim pants.
Regardless of the rule, make sure you talk to the facility before you go to the pool!
The post All You Need To Know About Baby Swim Diapers appeared first on Help4Flash.