Aare Ware beach is actually a combination of two beaches located just 15 km from Ratnagiri. These two beaches are located next to each other and are basically two sides of the same mountain. The road adjacent to these beaches has amazing views of the entire expanse of the Arabian sea. This crescent-shaped coast which has white sands and sparkling blue water is the most mystical region in Ratnagiri.
I was blown away at the first glance of these two beaches. While you are on the road which is next to these beaches you will experience jaw dropping scenery. There are mountains on one side and the never ending expanse of these two beaches on the other side.
This is my day 14 out of my 21 days Maharashtra tour.
How to reach Aare Ware beach
The best way to reach here is by your own bike or vehicle. The frequency of public transport is very low. The nearest city is Ratnagiri which is where the nearest bus stop and railway station are located.
- Pune to Aare Ware beach distance: 326 km or 7 hours.
- Mumbai to Aare Ware beach distance: 328 km or 8 hours.
- Ratnagiri to Aare Ware beach distance: 15 km or 0.5 hours.
- Chiplun to Aare Ware beach distance: 91 km or 2 hours.
Formation of this geological wonder
The twin beaches of Aare and Ware are a geological wonder. These beaches were formed when the mountain here submerged in the sea. Today they are the most mystical beaches facing each other with sparkling blue water and pristine white sands.
What to see at Aare Ware beach
- Best long drive near Ratnagiri: This is by far the most scenic road I have ever seen in Konkan. The winding mountain roads offer panoramic views into the vast expanse of the Arabian sea below. And the two beaches of Aare and Ware are a treat to the eyes.
- Forest of Suru trees or Suru ch Wan.
- Aare Ware bridge: The small bridge of Aare ware goes over the creek and connects the two ends of the land. Surrounded by the forest of Suru trees it is quiet beautiful crossing this, and watching the Arabian sea on one side.
- Aare Ware sunset point: Just a little ahead of this bridge, there is a high viewing point located right on the winding ghat road. You will find people selling coconuts and snacks here. The panoramic views from here are epic. And a coconut seller here told me that dolphins some quiet close to the beach and are visible form here in the morning from 8.30 am to 9.30 am.
- Ware Beach: This is the less touristy beach of the two and its equally pretty.
Aare Ware Beach Resort
I stayed at an amazing beach resort here known as the Aare Ware Beach Resort. It is perfectly located near the Aare ware bridge and the creek. All the places mentioned above are in close proximity. The views and the beach from the resort itself are equally beautiful. Moreover, this resort has some cute areas like stairs and fountains which add some calming vibes.
They have comfortable beach facing rooms and a dining area. It is a good place for relaxation away from the hectic city life. Moreover, the entire resort works flawlessly on clean energy because it is solar-powered. The chefs here can make almost anything you order. For bookings visit their website here.
The post Aare Ware Beach in Ratnagiri is a slice of paradise appeared first on Shepherd Traveller.