A good indicator of what to pack for exploring an Island is its weather. Since Greece is pretty much sunny all day every day in the summer months, it’s good to pack clothes that are light, airy and comfortable. If you are going to Santorini, Crete or Mykonos or any other gorgeous islands in Greece,
then best to prepare your travel essentials to make your journey smooth, enjoyable as well as excitingly wild.
- First thing to bring would be the clothes that you will wear and the beach outfits for the swimming escapades you’ll take. For women, it’s good to have bohemian and maxi dresses that give off the island vibes. It’s good to wear it night and day plus you will look fabulous in your photos. Some t-shirts, tank tops and shorts plus a mini dress are a must. For swimwear, the usual bikinis and one-piece swimsuits will do. Board shorts and swimming trunks for men plus the usual t-shirts and jeans. It’s also good to bring enough underwear for the duration of your stay.
- Another thing to think of is your footwear and for these islands, it’s best to go with hiking shoes for your hiking jaunts and water shoes for the beaches. Sandals, flip flops, flats, loafers, and tennis shoes are also good choices. Don’t forget to wear socks for the utmost protection of your feet during a hike. It’s also good to bring scarves or sarong, not just for fashion but also for sun protection. And speaking of sun protection, go for wide brim hats to protect your ears and your whole face. Be sure to also pack sunscreens for the extra sun protection.
- It is also good to bring your own towel and even a washcloth in case the hotel or hostel you’ll be staying at doesn’t provide you with one. Water bottles to keep you hydrated and some medicines like Advil, Tylenol and Imodium in case of diarrhea. Look out for foods that can make your stomach ache and for foods that you are allergic too. It’s going to be very depressing if you’ll be sick and stuck in your hotel without first-aid remedies. During your adventure, you might also encounter some minor wounds and some scrapes and it’s best if you have band-aids with you to help it heal faster. Other essential first-aid kits that are suitable for swimming injuries and jellyfish stings definitely amps your safety and security in these islands.
- For your other toiletries, be sure to include the basics like shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste, moisturizers and other must-haves. For girls, tampons and pads are lifesavers. To prevent those pesky bites of mosquitoes, don’t forget to pack mosquito repellants in your bag.
- Tech gears should also be included in your list especially your camera to capture the wondrous moments and experiences you’ll treasure in your trip to Greece. Never forget your phone, wallet, ATM cards and credit cards as well as cash. Bring your portable chargers to revive your phones and pack a European adapter along with it. Don’t forget your passport and other proof of identities and then your good to go for a well-deserved Greek island hopping.
The post What to Bring on a Greek island! appeared first on TravelOnBudget.net.