Alleppey, Kerala Tourism, Stay, Places to Visit, Honeymoon Spot, Allapuzha Backwaters, How to Reach, Things to See, Transportation.
Alleppey, Kerala Tourism
Alappuzha was earlier known as Alleppey, is the hub of Kerala’s backwaters which also stands out for its vast network of waterways housing more than a thousand houseboats. The Alleppey district was formed in the year 1957 but in 1990, the official name was changed to Alappuzha. But even today, the name ‘Alleppey‘ is well-known among the tourists visiting the wonderful destination. The network of canals not only gives a beautiful picture but is also a way of sustenance for Alappuzha. The gigantic snake boats and the country canoes of varying sizes in the water carnivals have a vital part in the community life of the people in Alappuzha.
Alappuzha is also tagged as the ‘Venice of the East’ on account of the canals that connect it to Kerala’s most famous backwaters. It has abundant greenery, punted canoes, toddy shops, and innumerable houseboats. The blanket of greenery over Alappuzha is strikingly mesmerizing, amazing and heart-touching experience for every human being in existence.
How to Reach Alleppey (A Honeymoon Spot)
- Nearest railway station: Alappuzha
- Nearest airport: Cochin International Airport, about 85 km from Alappuzha town.
Either you are from India or abroad you have the two options to reach there. You can use the flight services of the particular airline or you can travel there by train. You can use the Indian railway services or airline services. One can Book Flight to Alleppey/ Alappuzha from Puspack. The Puspack team is ready for you in 24*7 mode. The portal for flight booking provided by Puspack is working in non-stop mode. You can book flights for Alappuzha easily from Puspack.
Where to Stay?
Backwaters are unique to Kerala. So visiting the backwaters area, it is suggested that you stay at some lakeside stay at Kumarakom. Marari is a good beach, but it’s not a very active beach like Goan beaches or Kovalam. Alleppey beach is visited by a lot of people in the evenings and Alleppey is a big town. Staying at Marari, you can also visit Alleppey. It’s only about 15 km away. It is highly advisable to stay at Kumarokam because backwaters are an unmissable sight if visiting Kerala.
Things to See
Alappuzha beach serves as a very famous picnic spot. Other attractions are: boat races, backwater holidays, marine and coir products, an old lighthouse and also pier extending to the sea are almost 137 years old. Plan Your 7 Days Trip to Ibiza – What not to miss!
Another added feather to the cap is the houseboat cruise; a reworked version of kettuvallams which means dwelling structures in a boat in Malayalam. They were thatched roof that covers over wooden hulls used to carry tons of rice and spices. But these days, the houseboats in Alappuzha comes with all endless comforts like furnished bedrooms, cosy living rooms, modern toilets, a kitchen and even a balcony for the scenic view of the water paradise.
Best Honeymoon Spot
There are many big and small waterways and one has to journey through these reveries and canals to explore Alleppey backwaters. Shikara Rides are fading away in the onslaught of houseboats but still, there are some serene, romantic places where you can escape everything and live the tranquillity of Kerala Village life by being with your significant other and just breathing the pure air and silence with them.
You can hire a houseboat cruise to make your night special. The host of the boat will manage all things and leave you alone with your partner on the houseboat for the night. I think this would be the most romantic moment of your life if you are on the boat. Aeroplane Checklist for Toddlers: Do’s and Don’ts.
- Bus: Alleppey incorporates a very good network of buses that connect most components of the city. There are state-run buses that additionally connect Alleppey with alternative close cities in Kerala. Buses are an inexpensive means that of transportation in Alleppey.
- Taxi: An excellent means of exploring the attractions of Alleppey is by hiring a car/taxi. There are quite a few rental agencies from where you’ll rent a car/taxi alongside a driver. The roads in Alleppey are well maintained and traffic isn’t really of a problem.
- Auto-rickshaws: You can additionally rent an auto-rickshaw to move from one place to another in Alleppey. Auto-rickshaws are reliable and might be found anyplace within the city. they’re plenty cheaper than cars/taxis.
- Ferries and houseboats: One of the most effective ways in which of enjoying a vacation to the fullest in Alleppey, is by cruising on the backwaters in a hoy or a ferry. Ferries are reliable means of transportation in Alleppey. Houseboats and ferries are the most effective bet to achieve places in Kuttanad since there are several places in Kuttanad that are inaccessible by land.
FOOD AND RESTAURANTS
With seafood as the climax, there is an exciting line up of eateries in Alleppey. The food of Kerala is a totally opposite one from the more widespread north-Indian cuisines, and eateries here in Alleppey signify the true tastes of the town. While you can begin your morning on a light note with a fresh juice, coffee, tea or two at Cafe Paradiso Espresso, steaming cups of masala chai and Kerala rose rice biryani at Chakara are good options as well. Other recommended hotels are:
- Dreamers Cafe and Restaurant
- Brothers Restaurant
- Cafe Paradiso Espresso
- Hotel Smitha
- Chakara Restaurant
- Vembanad Restaurant
- Kalpakavadi Inn and Restaurant
- Cochin Majlis.
- Go Kerala
- Asian Chinese Seafood
- Lake Dreams.
- Le Coffee Time.
Apart from the above-given information, there are many more things are there which can be explained. These places cannot be explained on the single. Travellers can also use Puspack.net or Google Flights to Book Flights.
The post Alleppey, Kerala Tourism, Stay, Places to Visit, Honeymoon Spot, Allapuzha Backwaters appeared first on Puspack blog.