Getting healthy is essential to living a long and happy life, but it’s not always as easy as it sounds. The whole idea of eating well, exercising, and drinking plenty of water might seem easy in theory, but it also takes a lot of self control and dedication to change your lifestyle from an unhealthy, to a healthy one. Quite often, people need more than just the above advice to make changes in their lives. More specific instructions work well for many people because there’s less chance of ‘falling off the wagon’. If you’re someone who struggles with motivation and sticking to a fitness plan, check out these great ways of getting in shape this winter so that you can start the new year a completely different person!
When the word Exercise comes into conversation, it’s likely that many of us picture running on a treadmill in a gym for what seems like hours on end. The thing with exercise is that to succeed and stick to a plan, you must actually enjoy what you’re doing to some extent. So, if you’re not the type to spend your time in the gym, then don’t go! There are plenty of other ways to keep your exercise levels up and get yourself in great shape. Check out these examples:
- Choose a sport that you love and join a local team.
- Walk to work/school rather than driving or taking local transport. You’ll save yourself some money too!
- Do it with a friend. Studies show that people who have workout partners are more likely to stick to it!
- Remember that exercise is anything that gets your heart racing or makes you feel slightly out of breath. So, vigorously cleaning the house could indeed be considered as a workout.
As your Body gets fitter you will begin to notice that you can do more, and it’s important to continuously challenge your body to achieve new levels of fitness so that you can become increasingly fitter and stronger.
2. Eating habits
What we put into our bodies is just as important as how we treat them too, and if you need a little more structure or guidelines on healthy eating, take a look at these tips so that you can change yours for the better:
- Listen to your body and learn how to determine when you’re actually hungry. Quite often our Bodies Mistake Hunger for thirst!
- Only eat until you’re satisfied rather than ‘full’. Your body will digest food much faster!
- Using diet plans such as https://ketologic.com/keto-30 can help kickstart a new eating regime and help you stick to plan much easier.
- Chew your food slower. It takes your body a while to communicate with your brain to let you know it’s full.
3. Water is your best friend. No, seriously.
Finally, we just mentioned that quite often our bodies mistake hunger for thirst. That’s just the beginning of a long list of reasons as to why you should drink even more water:
- It flushes toxins out of your body and helps prevent you from becoming ill.
- It helps keep your hair, skin and nails in tip top condition.
- It doesn’t have to be consumed on its own. Adding fruit to flavor it can and will help you drink more.
- It helps the body stay more alert.
- Drinking water can help prevent cramps and other muscle injuries. Perfect for your new exercise regime!
- Even your eyes will appear brighter!
As you can see, getting in shape is totally possible, even for people that find it hard to stick to a plan! Remember that any failure in a lifestyle change doesn’t affect your whole future, and that each day is a new one to start again and change your life for the better!