1. Remove the word diet from your vocabulary. It needs to be gone. Think of your new way of eating as a decision to Eat Healthier and live your best life.
2. Keep it simple. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be overcomplicated. What makes fast food so appealing? Well it’s quick and easy. Take note from the fast food industry and just turn that same notion into something healthy. Have fast, simple and easy healthy food options prepped, packed and ready to eat when you are hungry.
3. Get rid of the junk in your house. If it’s not there, it can’t be eaten. Problem solved.
4. Delete UberEats, Postmates and Door Dash. Your waistline will thank you!
5. Channel your inner chef. Treat yourself by cooking for yourself. You know what you like to eat, so make it! Give your tastebuds a fun and healthy treat created by you, for you.
6. Meal prep for the week. Planning ahead and preparing your meals for the week will save you from just grabbing something quick and easy to eat. Plan and pack your lunches for work, and prep anything you can in advance for your dinners.
7. Practice eating mindfully by sitting down at the table when you eat. Often, when we sit at other locations (like in front of the TV), we eat mindlessly when we aren’t even hungry. Make it a habit to eat at your table without your cellphone in hand.
8. Keep healthy snacks in your purse. If hunger strikes, you are prepared and have a healthy snack ready and waiting.
9. Up your H20 intake. Not only is water great for your body, it also helps you feel fuller. More often than not when we think we’re hungry, we’re just really dehydrated.
10. Be your biggest cheerleader. Learning to eat healthier is a challenge. Don’t be hard on yourself when you mess up from time to time. This is a lifestyle change and will take some getting used to! Be proud of your new lifestyle choice and the steps that you are taking to make that healthy change.
Be positive about your healthier lifestyle and you will soon start to feel the rewards! What tips do you have that help you to eat healthier? Share them in the comments below!