Almost from our first weekend in the Netherlands, we’ve been recommended to visit the #efteling; our friends, colleagues, and neighbors, all praised and created a lot of hype for the Efteling (Ofcourse, they are Dutch😜). Finally this summer, after crossing 100+ weekends in the Netherlands, we made it to the magical Efteling!
For those of you who wonder what Efteling is: it’s a fairy-tale/ fantasy themed amusement park, located in the village of Kaatsheuvel at North Brabant province of the Netherlands. Calling it simply as a theme park in #kaatsheuvel village may be an understatement! The Efteling is one of the biggest and oldest theme parks in the whole world!
It's was started in early 1950 and opened for public from 1952. It's is one of the pioneers of the theme parks industry world-wide. Walt Disney himself said he took inspirations for his #disneyland from this magical park only. Though there are numerous theme parks available today, Efteling always has been the favorite of Europeans and still going strong.
The entire park is themed over fairy-tales, fantasy stories, folklores and its characters. Scenes of Cinderella, Snow White, 7 Dwarfs, Hansel and Gretel, Rapunzel, Goblin, magical tree, and many more European folklore (which I don’t even aware of) are all evident throughout the park. There are fantasy as well thrilling rides for all the ages.
It’s really.. really huge, and I can’t scribble all the 2-days fun in a single post. I’d rather write individual post on each of it’s main attraction, with some interesting facts and tips. After reading all of them, you might even think it's a promotion blog for Efteling or even a paid review for them (just kidding!😜). We really enjoyed that much and wanted to share the fun with you all, that's it!.
SOME GENERAL DETAILS:
- When to visit: All through the year!... however its best enjoyed in the summer, preferably a sunny day, that you can enjoy the whole fun of waters.
- By Car: about 1.5 hours drive from Amsterdam, the park has a perfect parking arrangement, parking fee €10 per day
- Public Transport: nearest stations are Den Bosch or Tilburg; you can take bus from there.
- How much it costs: This will disappoint you, it’s €37.5 per person (online price €35.5), but worth the money!
- Getting around:As I said, it's really HUGE!, you might look gorgeous with your high heels, but definitely not a good idea to walk around this ~700,000m2 park. Pick comfortable walking shoes.
- More details: can be found here https://www.efteling.com/en