Staying in a hotel can be one of the most exciting parts of a vacation rental. Guests aren’t made to feel like rock stars by accident. Their excellent experiences comes from hotels who really know what they’re doing, by consistently offering great customer service. As vacation rental owners, you can learn a lot from top hotels! And by implementing some of their techniques, you too can offer a five-star experience to your guests.
Providing a great first impression
- Some of the best hotels in the world get their great reputation simply because they make guests feel important. From the moment a guest checks in, or even when they are making their reservation, one key personalization technique that luxury hotels use is name use.
- Using someone’s name is the easiest way to make him or her feel special, showing them that they are more than just a room number. There are so many different ways to use a guest’s name that sound friendly and natural.
- If meeting the guest upon check in is part of your check-in process, you have even more opportunities to provide excellent service before they step in the door. Greeting them with a smile, answering their questions, making eye contact, and giving them a tour of the home makes them feel like you want them there and that they are welcome. After a long day of travel, a genuine and friendly face is always appreciated.
Make sure guests know you value their time
Another way hotels offer five-star service is by striving for fast, friendly and stress-free check-in and check-out processes. They know guests have been driving all day with cranky kids or dealing with delayed flights and long queues, and all they want to do is arrive safely.
If they have to drive to a totally separate place to pick up their keys, or have to wait ages for their keys, chances are they won’t be happy. Making the check-in process quick and easy is a great way to start a Vacation, and will show guests that you value their time.
Provide free amenities and goodies
- It’s customary for hotels to stock their bathrooms with toiletries for their guests to use, but many go above and beyond any guest expectation. Some hotels offer free travel-size bottles of sunscreen or bug spray, while others leave complimentary bottles of water, coffee or even wine in the room for guests. Certain hotels go as far as to offer shaving kits, books, headphones, toothbrushes or other luxuries that guests may have forgotten to pack.
- Supplying your guests with a small “welcome pack” at your vacation home, which includes travel-sized toiletries, tea, coupons for pizza delivery, or pool toys (for homes with swimming pools) can make the guest feel like they’ve really hit the jackpot by renting your home.
- While on vacation, guests will often take pleasure in eating as many delicious meals as possible. Since calories don’t count away from home, many guests visit the on-site and local restaurants regularly during their stay.
- Hotels have the time, money and resources to whip up five-star meals to impress their guests, but unfortunately, vacation rental owners may not. However, a simple gesture such as offering guests suggestions for local restaurants, giving them directions to the closest grocery store, or even stocking the home with a few cupboard essentials can leave a lasting impression.
Be easily obtainable
- Some families want to arrive at their vacation home, do whatever is required of them to check-in, and never see or hear from you again. Others want to sit down with you and rack your brains about all your insider knowledge of the area, your favourite dinner spots and the rest.
- Interaction with guests depends on the comfort level of both parties. It is important, however, to touch base with your guests at least once or twice while they are there.
Take cleanliness to the maximum
- Nothing spoils a vacation like dirty floors or dusty surfaces. Luxury hotels and established alternative accommodation take cleanliness very seriously and have extremely high standards when it comes to housekeeping.
- Whether you clean your vacation rental yourself or have someone else do it, attention to detail and cleanliness of your home shows guests that you care and that you love your home. When you ensure the home is perfect when they arrive, they are more likely to leave it in equally as great shape when they leave.
Thanks for reading the article! We hope you have greater understanding of the topic discussed above.
If you would like to find out more about our Premium Airbnb Management London Services please visit our homepage and fill out our free property revenue calculator to see how much you could earn on the short-let market today.
Don’t forget to share this blog post and leave a comment below, we love hearing about your experiences.
Here are some other Blog Articles for you to check out…
Basic Mistakes New Hosts Make On Vacation Rental Platforms05/03/2018
How To Respond To Negative Vacation Rental Reviews01/03/2018
Basic Property Tasks Involved In Hosting A Vacation Rental26/02/2018
Vacation Rental Property Listing: Factors Influencing The Overall Performance22/02/2018
The post Taking The Best Aspects From Hotels And Applying Them To Your Vacation Rental appeared first on WinwInnKeeper.