Your vacation rental listing is terrible
So you’re yet to pay any attention to your Vacation Rental listings themselves – that’s not going to help you take bookings.
- Writing a simple sentence about your listing is no longer sufficient for the guest who values creativity over commodities, and personality over price.
- With the nature of instant booking, and increasingly less guest/host interaction before the deal is sealed, a good listing description is still essential.
- There are many resources to help you write your listing descriptions, but don’t fret too much if you’re not up to the job. There are plenty of people or companies out there you can hire to write for you.
- The words aren’t all that matters, though. Good quality photos are equally (if not even more) important. Most guests aren’t going to see your home before deciding to book, so the images you display on your website must speak volumes – and be accurate for that matter!
- Doubling, tripling or even quadrupling the amount of bookings you take is only going to be possible with an effective listing that has optimal vacation rental photography.
Not an adequate amount of reviews
- Without good reviews, it’s going to take forever for your bookings to surge.
- How often do you search for recommendations online before you go out to a restaurant? Or watch a movie? Or even download an app?
- Online reviews are everything in our internet-fuelled lives, so if you don’t have any on your site, no one is going to give you the time of day or even consider booking your vacation rental.
- Solid recommendations from past guests who have stayed at your vacation rental – and who can vouch that it’s as great (or better) than it appears on the internet – are a type of social proof which is extremely important for building your brand and convincing other guests to stay with you.
- Getting into the habit of asking each and every one of your guests for their review can have an incredible effect on your booking numbers.
- Even negative reviews aren’t all that bad, and hosts can actually learn valuable lessons from them, as long as they know how to respond to them properly.
Your response time is too slow
- Every host dreads opening up their inbox after a few days away from the computer to find they’ve missed an inquiry and potential booking because they weren’t notified about the request.
- But the reality is that this is still happening to some hosts, and your bookings are never going to grow this way.
- If you prefer booking requests to instant bookings, for whatever reason, you’re going to need to have some procedures in place to avoid letting inquiries slip away. Because sure enough, if you don’t reply quickly, your guests will no doubt look somewhere else.
- So set up email auto responders, switch your mobile email push notifications to on, synchronize all your booking channels so you can’t double book – do whatever it takes to not miss that booking.
Your pricing does not reflect the correct amount
- We admit, it’s hard to get prices right. But when your prices are wrong, that puts a big black cross next to your vacation rental.
- If you haven’t set different rates for your high and low seasons or haven’t even given your pricing presentation a thought, you could be in for a harsh reality check when your beautiful vacation rental fails to fill up.
- Whether your competitors are much cheaper, or your place stands out as a bargain in comparison, it could leave you (and your bookings) in a rut.
- Research and implement a solid pricing strategy if you want maximum occupancy and that long-awaited increase in bookings.
Thanks for reading the article! We hope you have greater understanding of the topic discussed above.
If you would like to find out more about our Premium Airbnb Management London Services please visit our homepage and fill out our free property revenue calculator to see how much you could earn on the short-let market today.
Don’t forget to share this blog post and leave a comment below, we love hearing about your experiences.
Here are some other Blog Articles for you to check out…
Vacation Rental Property Listing: Factors Influencing The Overall Performance22/02/2018
Booking.com Security Procedures For You To Keep You And Your Property Safe19/02/2018
What Sort Of Guests Do You Want To Attract?15/02/2018
Why Use Booking.com To Advertise Your Vacation Rental12/02/2018