As part of our 10 Days From the South to the North of Vietnam we got to experience the Flamingo Cruise in Ha Long Bay. It's a two day, one night cruise that circles the beautiful Ha Long Bay, located about a 4 hour drive from the city of Ha Noi.
Our cruise was included in the of price of our entire Vietnam tour package but if you just wanted to go on the cruise itself, its an incredible deal, around $129 a person, including all food, accommodation and activities but not including drinks and alcohol.
We had a magical time and it was one of my favorite parts of my entire tour of Vietnam.
Flamingo Cruise Itinerary
- 12:15 Welcome to Majestic Cruise and enjoy welcome drink and get a brief introduction about cruise and safety guidelines. Check-in your cabin.
- 12:30 Enjoy Vietnamese seafood and vegetarian lunch, while cruising in themagnificent Ha Long Bay, admiring the fascinating rock formations in the bay.
- 14:30 Arrival in Van Gia floating fishing village, take rowing boat through the village to visiting around the floating fishing village.
- 15:30 Continued exploration the bay.
- 16:00 Visiting Ha Long Pearl Farm Village, and Swimming in the bay.
- 17.30 Back Majestic Ha Long cruise and relax.
- 18:00 Join a cooking class guided by the Chef of the Majestic Ha Long Cruise. You'll have chance to learn Vietnamese traditional dishes such as spring roll.
- 19:30 BBQ Seafood Dinner, including the spring rolls that you just made!
- 21:00 Evening entertainment: play games on the cruise: cards, chess,
karaoke, squid fishing, and overnight on the cruise.
- 06:30 Early morning sun risers can enjoy a Tai Chi lesson on sundeck.
- 07:00 Morning view of bay’s landscape with a cup of tea or coffee. Have
- 08:00 Arrive Sung Sot Cave (The Amazing Cave) and join guide to explore the cave.
- 10:00 Check-out and enjoy a fantastic cruise on the bay.
- 11:00 Lunchtime!
- 12:00 Arriving back at the Halong Bay harbor, say goodbye to sailors and finish the cruise.
There were about 20 other guests on the cruise, the average age was around 40 to 50 years of age.
Flamingo Cruise Deck
Flamingo Cruise view from bedroom
Flamingo Cruise Food
The food on the Flamingo Cruise was really stellar, from the cute presentation to the authentic tastes. I'm salivating just going over all of my food pix from this experience, I would go on this cruise again just for the food alone! We were absolutely stuffed, all meals were multiple courses - always ending with dessert.
Lunch Set Menu Day #1
Halong Bay Seafood Soup
Green Mango Salad with Prawn
Traditional Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Fillet Basa Fish with Passion Fruit Sauce
Fresh Fruit with Caramel
Dinner Set Menu Day #1
Fried Shrimp Spring Rolls
Breakfast Buffet Day #2
Lunch Set Menu Day #2
The post Flamingo Cruise Review- Halong Bay Cruise 2 days 1 nights in Vietnam appeared first on Kaila Yu.