Shifting is tough, and the most complicated task in the complete process is arranging and organizing the goods. One can pack things and take it to another place as well, without any hassle. But, the complication starts with when the things enter at your new place. Upon the arrival of Moving the truck in your new home, you are well aware that the main responsibility for you now is to arrange everything properly at the destination point. If you have packers and movers to manage things then you can keep your hands folded and be relax because they will manage everything for you, but in case they are not there then you have to manage everything. There are certain responsibilities that you need to do, before and after the arrival of Moving Truck. We are mentioning the things below for your better convenience in shifting.
Before the Arrival of Moving Truck
You can’t keep your hands folded and wait for the moving truck to arrive in your residence, if there is no one else to take care of your things then you need to manage everything by own. So just tighten your belts and be prepared for the toughest challenge of life.
- It is necessary that you must prepare your new home well, before the arrival of moving truck. This includes all the things like maintenance and renovation, so that you may enter in a well-maintained place.
- Make sure you manage everything regarding the parking of the moving truck in your new residence premises. If certain permission is required then it would be better for you if you manage it all before the arrival.
- Booking an elevator for the move is another very important thing for your move. If there is certain permission required for the same, then also you can take it and move ahead.
- The best part of your preparation would be making a plan for arranging things well at the new place. A floor plan is always required, in order to instruct the movers for arranging things. And in case there is no mover for managing it, the floor plan will save your time and also make the things simple for you.
- It is always necessary to clean the pathways for the moving truck before its arrival. If there is any obstacle then this may delay the process. Hence clear everything beforehand.
- You should assess the doors before the arrival of your consignment so that you may know how the things will enter your premises.
- Protecting the indoors of your home with blankets, towels, etc. is also important in order to save it from unwanted damages.
- In case there are no professionals to handle your move, then ask your friends for help. But, make sure you approach them before time because once the things will be in your court you can hardly manage everything by all.
- It is necessary to be comfortable while you organize things, hence wear cozy and contented clothes.
- If you are moving with kids then make sure you hire a nanny to take care of them on moving day, otherwise, the things happening in and around may irritate them.
So the above mentioned are the required to-do things before the arrival of moving truck. Now we will tell you how to manage things once the truck arrives at your new premises.
After the Arrival of Moving Truck
The ball is in your court now. You have to manage the things well, from your side. Here are the things that you are supposed to do after the truck is there in your premises.
- You should be very careful while opening the moving truck. Maybe things are just kept packed there, hence properly do it without harming the possessions inside it.
- Making use of a dragger kind of thing for carrying big and bulky item is a good idea. You can very easily transport the heavy items convenient in this way.
- First of all, remove the fragile items from the truck. Doing this is necessary because in this way your fragile item will reach a safe destination and you can proceed to the work freely.
- You must be aware of the proper lifting technique, so that you may not get hurt during the move. Remember if you will do things in a hurry then you may get hurt; hence make sure that you take the proper time.
- Hand over the floor plan to the packers and movers. In this way, things will be arranged very well and you can complete it within the limited time frame as well.
- Once everything is out from the moving truck, you need to cross check it again. This is something very much necessary. In more than seventy percent of cases, some items are always left in the moving truck, at the end.
- As soon as items are unpacked, you must proceed towards the installation of electronic goods and reassemble of other items of the home. This may ensure that you will get back to the routine at the earliest.
Moving is all about management. The managed you will be the more convenient your move will convert into. The responsibilities mentioned above for the last and final day of moving are very much essential. Follow the tips and proceed towards the safest relocation type.