If your computer encounters a hardware failure or a major software problem, it will give you the infamous Blue Screen of Death Error and restart itself. Sometimes windows suddenly Restart with Blue Screen Error pfn list corrupt. Since these types of errors can be problematic, today we’re going to show you how to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT error.
Boot In Safe Mode: Method 1 to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT
If Windows Frequently Restart with This Error Code, Didn’t Allow normally login windows to Perform any solution. Then you need to first boot into safe mode with networking ( which start windows with minimal system requirement, So that ou can perform troubleshooting steps easily ) To apply Bellow solutions. Other wise if windows allow you to login no need to boot into safe mode you can directly perform bellow steps.
Update your Windows 10: Method 2 to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT
As we were saying, the reason behind the error might be one of Windows 10 components like OneDrive or any other one component, and that includes the drivers for these components. So, one of the precautions we may take to prevent the Blue Screen is to check for Windows 10 updates. Follow these steps to keep your version up-to-date:
1. Open Settings from your start menu.
2. Click on Updates & Security.
3. Click on the Check for updates button: your computer will then check for, download and install any updates found.
Uninstall the corrupt drivers : Method 3 to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT
1. Start Windows in Safe Mode.
2. On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo key and R at the same time to invoke a Run command.
3. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
4. Expand the category and find the device with a yellow mark. You must see the problematic device driver.
5. Once the problematic device driver is identified, right click and click Uninstall. When asked for confirmation, click Ok.
6. Repeat the steps above to uninstall all drivers with a yellow mark.
7. Once the driver is uninstalled restart your PC
System File Checker for Disk Errors and Bad sectors : Method 4 to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT
You can check Disk Drive Errors using CHKDSK command, And add some extra parameter to force chkdsk to fix the Errors.
First open Command prompt as administrator. Then type chkdsk c: /f /r command and press Enter key to execute.
CHKDSK is the short of Check Disk, C: is the drive letter you want to check, /F means fix disk errors and /R stands for recover information from bad sectors.
When it prompt “Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)”. Answer Yes to that question by pressing the Y key and Restart your computer. This will check the disk dirve for Errors, Bad Sectors if found any it will resolve them automatically. Wait untill complete the process then, On Next login check windows start normally without any BSOD Error.
Disable OneDrive : Method 5 to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT
Some Windows 10 users were able to get relieved from PFN Corrupt List error by disabling OneDrive. OneDrive can also generate PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSoD error. So it is also suggested to turn off OneDrive and see what will happen after disabling Microsoft OneDrive.
1. Open to the group policy by pressing Windows Key + S. Select Edit group policy.
2. After opening Local Group Policy Editor, in the left pane navigate to the Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive.
3. In the right panel, find Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage and double-click on it.
4. Choose Enabled and click Apply and OK to disable OneDrive.
Uninstall Any Recently Installed Application : Method 6 to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT
If the error started to appear, immediately after you installed an application or install a new driver, then there is a s chance that this new program could be causing the PFN list corruption. for this you have to uninstall the program, then evaluating your system.
Lets Follow the steps to Do this. First open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. now select the recently installed Application and click uninstall.
Restart windows and check. if you still face Blue Screen Error fallow next step.
Check for Virus or malware infection: Method 7 to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT
There is a chance that your computer is infected with a virus, which is causing the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error. These malicious little programs are capable of damaging, corrupting and deleting important system files. They are also capable of prohibiting certain applications and services from running, which could inadvertently be what is causing the error. Get latest updated Antivirus or antimalware and perform a full system scan. After complete scanning Restart windows and check for Error fixed or not. If still the problem continues fallow next steps.
If the problem PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Blue Screen still not solved now fallow the serious steps to fix this error.
The post Simple Methods to fix PFN LIST CORRUPT error appeared first on Blogging World.