It is a myth that Bios update is somehow a great necessity to make your HP computer faster and better in performance. Though it is important to install BIOS update time to time to keep your computer from any technical problems and bugs, it is important to update BIOS every time. Here we have discussed the procedure either you need to go through an update for your BIOS or UEFI firmware or not. For more guidance and best HP Computer Support, you should connect to the experts’ helpdesk.
Just because there is an update of BIOS is available does not mean that you have to install it. In some of the situations, A BIOS update can troubleshoot most of the problems of the motherboard that might make your computer perform better, but in reality, it does not relate to speed.
In the different operating system, the BIOS is low-level software that is usually stored on a chip on the motherboard of the computer. To update this low -level software, you simply have to “flash the BIOS”, that would replace the old software with the new version. Here, if an HP computer, you need to simply download an EXE file and run it to flash the BIOS.
Furthermore, every motherboard model needs its own BIOS version and this is the phase where the problems occur-
- First of all, you need to use the BIOS for a different motherboard or even a slightly different revision of the same motherboard, critical problems can appear It might be possible that your computer might not power up at all or you might get strange error messages one it boots.
- Secondly, in case your computer loses power or something else goes wrong during the update itself, it might break your computer and can cause expensive repair.
- Thirdly, it is not possible that all the BIOS updates are tested as thoroughly as the one that came with your computer, so a new BIOS version it might lead to the bootup
The BIOS is required when if there some problem with your keyboard, mouse etc. But if you are not facing any trouble with these devices, then there is not to update BIOS. Moreover, for custom built computer, you need to simply visit the motherboard manufacturer websites and then download the drivers from there.
On the other hand, in order to check if there is a need for updating the BIOS, you need to open the archive and look for a Readme.txt file. This file will simply explain that what you need to do to upgrade the BIOS. There are three major paths-
- Firstly, you need to download the BIOS file and then copy it to USB. Next, you have to boot to the BIOS and look for the option in the BIOS itself in order to flash the BIOS.
- Now, create a DOS-based live USB with the BIOS files in case, the BIOS doesn’t support flash,
- At last, simply download Windows flashing tool and then run the executable file.
In order to have more information and guidance regarding HP computer’s BIOPS, feel free to contact our support service via HP Computer Support Number +1-877-645-7494. Here, you will be assisted by the team of experts and professionals who are experienced in resolving all sorts of problems and delivering the best in class support regarding HP computer.
This post first appeared on How To Fix HP Printer Driver Installation Problem In Windows 10?, please read the originial post: here