RPA Tools Comparison
Robotic process Automation or RPA is the latest technological advancement of our Era. With this skill, an expert can create programs and software that can do a lot of things on their own. All this and much more without any sort of human interaction in the picture. But what actually makes an RPA expert do such powerful work are the set of tools. As in order to implement RPA, the thing we need first is the tools for RPA. These tools are developed to make the work easier for the robotics process automation professionals.
What is an RPA tool and what are its functionalities?
RPA tools are the set of programs that are used by robotics process automation experts. With these by their side, the task of the developing a system and other things gets pretty easy. But the know-how to operate these tools is very important. As for someone without any particular knowledge about these tools, they will be wasted.
In order to get a better understanding of RPA tools, we should first know about their functionality. This will provide us with a better chance of grasping the information that we will discuss later in this article. These are the 3 functionalities that every Robotics Process Automation tool must have in it.
- The Bot that carries the working shall be able to interact with other systems in a decent manner. They should be using the method of either screen scraping or API integrations for this task.
- A tool should have optimization and technology that it can create another bot. this means that it should be able to make a replica of itself.
- The Bot in the play should be well-integrated with the AI it uses. They should learn from all the actions they or their user take and use it to automate the process by self.
Types of Robotic Process Automation tools
RPA tools are categorized into 4 different categories. Implying that any RPA tool out there can somewhat fit into these 4 categories. These segments of RPA Tools are:
- Hacks and Macros: these were simple automation tools that were used for small processing tasks. They were neither reliable nor scalable; all they were good for was the fact that they increased productivity.
- Programmable Bots: these bots were easy to use as they follow the programming pattern. These programmable solution bots were used to interact with other systems and feed specific information for the user.
- Self-learning Tools: The actual automation phase is believed to be started with the arrival of self-learning bots. These tools increase productivity by learning from their actions. They were great as they learnt from their mistakes and improved themselves without any human interaction.
- Intelligence/Cognitive Automation Tools: Cognitive intelligence tools were a gem in the field and they can even handle random data. They can design things even when the information is complex and input makes no particular sense for a human eye.
Factors for RPA Tools Comparison
There are numerous ways and aspects on which RPA tolls are compared. It can be anything from easy accessibility to free trial versions. There are several tools in the market when it comes to Robotic Process Automation tools. Some of them are as follows:
- Another Monday
- Automation Anywhere
- Blue prism
- Kryon Systems
- NICE Systems
- Redwood Software
- Visual Cron
As we can see there are a lot of RPA tools out in the market. Among all of these, there is a Trio leading the market of Robotics process automation for years. This trio includes Blue Prism, UiPath and Automation Anywhere. Each one of them has their own set of pros and cons. In order to a comparison, we shall do it on equal terms. So, here is a comparison between this leading trio on several grounds.
- Price: Blue Prism will cost the user as per the bots they use, as for Automation Anywhere the cost will be according to the number of processes whereas, UiPath also charges per Bot.
- Usability: Automation Anywhere can be used for processes like Drag and Crop as well as Macro Recording. The same goes for UiPath, but Blue Prism can only be used for Drag and Drop.
- Free versions: UiPath has an upper hand in this as it has a free edition with the title ‘UiPath Community Edition’. The other two only have paid versions.
Now, all being said you should choose as per your needs and budget. All three of them are on the top of their league.
The post RPA Tools Comparisons appeared first on Besant Technologies | No.1 Training Institute in Chennai, Bangalore & Pune.