Successful procurement management encompasses identifying corporate needs, finding/qualifying goods/services suppliers, requesting proposals, negotiating terms/condition, contracting, delivery and analyzing results. At their most fundamental level such systematic approaches require the use of Physical Asset Management software, robust SFF hardware appliances and services in order to add values, save time/money and streamline business practices that not only meet business goals but also live up to stakeholders’ expectations.
A software maker specializing in physical asset management software and services for managing ships, production sites and other maintenance intensive businesses found Lanner through one of Lanner’s EU partners while looking for a competent hardware appliance on which the said software maker’s powerful 3-tier out-of-the-box cloud-based software solution can be run, integrated, configured and then offered to enterprise procurement managers for performing the following tasks:
- Planning/executing maintenance tasks
- Conducting stock management of spare parts and consumables
- Establishing straight-through procurement to suppliers
- Automating invoicing and budgeting processes
- Facilitating quality and risk management
- Safekeeping all required documents
Requirements & Lanner Solution
This customer eventually found a suitable solution in Lanner’s LEC-7230M because the LEC-7230M is a robust and I/O rich all-in-one, one-for-all embedded box PC powered by the Intel® Celeron® J1900 (codenamed Bay Trail), a SoC known for its significant improvement in computing performance and power efficiency.
Benchmark testing conducted for computing performance and power efficiency found that the Intel® Celeron® J1900 outperforms its predecessor (Intel® Atom™ N2800) by 310% while maintaining the same level of power usage.
In addition to the powerful and nimble J1900 quad-core processor, The LEC-7230M supports up to 8GB of low-powered DDR3/L memory and comes equipped with a multitude of I/O interface that include a VGA port (1600 x 1200), a HDMI port (1920 x 1080), dual GbE LAN ports, dual RS-232/422/485 serial COM ports, USB 3.0/2.0 ports and a mini-PCI-E slot with SIM card reader.
The LEC-7230M is positioned as an all-purpose solution for a wide range of application scenarios that includes, but not limited to, production line automation, surveillance NVR, home gateway, digital signage and retail POS.
The seamless integration of their software products into Lanner’s LEC-7230M brings the following benefits that further empower this customer’s software product offerings:
For end users:
- Automated software updates delivery and collection of information regarding product functionality and business processes
- Synchronized attributes definition and mapping for accelerating new installations at production sites with limited internet access.
- Unhindered access to software functionality and information through a secure internet connection for headquarters staff
- Efficient information flow and transparency regarding the status of purchase requests or invoices due for settlement
- Easy access to financial KPIs, reports, trends and analytics results
Lanner’s LEC-7230M greatly facilitated an already powerful software solution designed for physical asset management and optimally streamlined procurement management.
The result of this successful partnership between Lanner and this particular customer can be seen in end users’ feedback on achieving higher quality product/service inflow, obtaining on-time deliveries/cost savings, maintaining sustainable supply chains, minimizing business risks and maximizing quantifiable results and finally meeting business goals and stakeholder expectations.
Compact Fanless All-purpose IPC with Intel® J1900 CPU
|CPU||Intel® Celeron® J1900|
The post LEC-7230M: Enabling Successful Procurement Management for Sustainable Business Operation appeared first on Lanner.
This post first appeared on Software-Defined Networks, IoT And Next-Generation Infrastructure, please read the originial post: here