Are you having the classic Iphone 6 not charging issue?
You are probably now at a point of reverting to the retailer for a trade off or an outright refund? Please pause for a while and do some troubleshooting by following the simple steps below.
How to tell if your iPhone 6 is not charging
As a first step, you would need to determine whether the phone is charging or not by observing the battery charging icon displayed as lightning bolt next to the battery icon in the status bar.
Your phone is definitely charging when the lightning bolt is displayed.
However if your iPhone 6 is still not charging, please proceed to try out the following quick and simple fix.
- First make sure that you are charging with the USB adapter and charging cable that came with your device. For a third-party accessory, check that it is a certified charger for iPhone6.
- Examine your charging cable and USB adapter for evidences of damage which may include:
- Breakage or wear marks on the cable
- Broken or loose AC prongs
- Blades that won’t lock into place or have burnt marks
- Breakage, visible damage, or discolouration of the adapter casing
- Sounds pooping from within the AC wall adapter when phone is plugged and switched on
- Check your wall power outlet to ensure that there is firm connection between your charging cable, USB adapter, and your wall mounted plug port. You may try a different port entirely to eliminate damaged power outlet as a possible cause of your iPhone 6 not charging.
- Check the iPhone 6 charging port for debris, lint and other obstructions: Your iPhone 6 will not charge when the port is clogged with dust, debris, pieces of fabric or some other such obstruction. You will be surprised that a very small object can easily prevent a charging cable from fitting properly into your iPhone 6. Gently remove the obstruction with the aid of a Q-tip, tooth pick, dry toothbrush or miniature air blower.
- Plug your iPhone6 and charge for about 30 minutes. If your device is still unresponsive, move 6.
- Restart your iPhone 6 by holding down the Home and Top buttons for 10 seconds or until the Apple logo appears .Then, charge your iPhone 6 for another 30 minutes.
- By now, your iPhone 6 should be charging normally unless there is a fault which will require specialist attention. Please do not attempt to carry out repairs on your own as this may cause permanent damage to your phone or injury in the process.
- If the above process does not work, you can check out this video, which shows an alternative method:
Now you know how to fix your iPhone 6 not charging issue.
If you have tried all these measures and yet your iPhone 6 is still not charging… it just so happens that we are experts in getting your iPhone 6 too charge again
We offer a 3 hours pickup and drop-off repair service here in London, find out if we cover your area and book in your slot here:
The post Is your iPhone 6 not charging? Fixing it may be quite simple… appeared first on Repairly's Blog.