Enable - Disable Digital Signature Icons in Autocad - make your AutoCAD application work faster
How to Enable - Disable Digital Signature Icons in AutocadThis tip will make your AutoCAD load faster on your computer.
- - Open your explorer en go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\ autocad.exe (or C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012\ autocad.exe)
- - Right-click on the autocad.exe icon and uncheck the "Enable/Disable Digital Signature” icon.
- - Restart your computer
After restarting the computer you will load your AutoCAD program faster.
What happens when you disable this icon?
Applications of Autodesk loads a shell extension which determines if a file is digitally signed (displaying it with an icon). To determine whether a file is digitally signed, the shell extension looks into each drawing file before displaying it. If a folder contains many drawings, like your template folder, it will take longer to open.
Note: If you are using AutoCAD LT, the above steps may not work.
In that case, you can do the following steps:
- - Use Windows Explorer and navigate to c:\winnt\systems32 or c:\windows\system32 (depends on WIN 2000 or XP).
- - Locate the "AcSignOpt.exe" file and double-click it.
- - Uncheck the box in the middle of the dialogue box.
- - Restart your computer.
Hope this was Helpful