How to Remove Activation Lock on iPhone without Previous Owner?
Posted by. Posted on: at .
After getting a second-hand iPhone, you may face an issue whereby the device is secured with iCloud Activation Lock which requires you to enter the Apple ID and password to unlock it. But what if you cannot contact the previous owner of the device? In a case like this, what should you do to bypass the activation lock? Don’t worry, this guide will help you out.
The first thing that a user might think of is a simple factory reset. However, this won’t remove the Activation Lock. Without activation lock removal, customers cannot use cell phones until they can log in to the iCloud account.
So, how do you remove the activation lock without the previous owner? There are some ways to bypass an Activation Lock for your iOS device.
Pre-Question: What is Activation Lock?
Considering you are new to buying a used iPhone, it is quite understandable that the term activation lock is new to you. Activation lock is actually a security function that Apple designed into its products. This protects your phone from unauthorized access in case it gets stolen or lost. If someone tries to open up your phone or reset it, it automatically activates this lock. However, it might seem like a troublesome feature to you at the moment if you’re dealing with a second-hand phone you just bought.
Moreover, if you try to reset it by using the iTunes app, the app will ask for the previous owner’s login credentials. When you are unable to enter the correct login information, it may display the Activation Lock screen.
Do you want to know how to remove the activation lock without the previous owner? Then, we’ve got you covered.
How to Remove an Activation Lock Without Previous Owner?
Well, there are a few ways that might help you successfully bypass the activation lock without the previous owner.
It is an easy solution if you bought a second-hand iOS device or just simply forgot your credentials.
Before getting to know how to bypass the activation lock, you should know exactly what Tenorshare 4MeKey is all about. It is a specially designed software program for iOS devices that can be used for several purposes.
Tenorshare 4MeKey is famous for its incredible features that solve users’ problems in seconds. We have listed some of the most prominent features:
- Helps to fix iPhone activation lock by removing the device from the previous owner’s account.
- Fast removal of iCloud activation lock without password/Apple ID on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Unlocks iCloud account anytime, anywhere if you forget the password or bought iPhone with Cloud lock.
- Turns off camera sound on iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Here are simple, easy 4 steps that can solve your problem:
- Download 4MeKey on your computer and make sure your iOS device is connected through USB. Here are a few important points to remember here:
- This may jailbreak your iOS device.
- Make sure you only connect a single iOS device at a time.
- Now, the jailbreak tool must have been downloaded. Here are a few tips that will ensure the process’s easy flow access.
- Once you press “jailbreaking,” follow the instructions that you may see on the screen religiously.
- While Jailbreaking, make sure your connection through USB is constant and secure.
- To avoid any failure, make sure your devices are fully charged.
- After jailbreaking the iPhone, check the information on it and click Start. Now the removal process has begun. You need to wait patiently for a few minutes.
- Now, you have successfully removed the iCloud activation lock. However, just to be safe and prevent re-occurrence, here are a few cautions that you must consider;
- If you factory reset your device, the problem will come back.
- Make sure you do not login into iCloud from settings.
Solution 2: Remove Activation Lock via DNS Bypass
Before hopping in on how to bypass the activation lock, we should understand what DNS is. It is the abbreviation for Domain Name System. DNS is what covert readable names into numerical data. Here are the steps to bypass Activation Lock with the DNS method.
- Select your language and region once you switch the device on.
- Proceed to the next step and enter your Wi-Fi credentials. You might see a little “i” symbol next to the Wi-Fi tab.
- Disconnect and forget network in connection settings.
- Enter DNS server IP address. This will bypass the activation lock. Here are a few IP addresses and their geographical regions:(USA: 18.104.22.168, South America: 22.214.171.124, Europe: 126.96.36.199, Asia: 188.8.131.52, Australia and Oceania: 184.108.40.206, Other continents: 220.127.116.11)
- Enter your Wi-Fi credentials, and now you are good to set your phone the way you like.
LimitatiIts of iCloud DNS Bypass
It should be noted that the results are not guaranteed. There is no guarantee that this is a proven solution to fix activation lock. This might work for some devices and not for others. Even after this trick may have solved your problem, you might not be able to access all of your iPhone features.
Solution 3: Use Official Service-Apple Support
Another solution to removing the activation lock without the previous owner is asking the Apple support center to remove the activation lock for you. This is not easy as they will ask you for the repurchase documentation. However, if you have the required documentation, Apple’s support team will be quite helpful.
Pros of using apple support
This is the longest process but the most authentic way to bypass activation lock. The phone will be yours officially, and you can easily access all of its features.
Cos of using apple support
Despite the long process, the results depend on the satisfaction of the support team. In case you fail to satisfy them, there is no way you can bypass the activation lock? Moreover, the process is quite lengthy and needs documentation from your side.
Bonus: If You Can Get in Touch With the Previous Owner
In case you can get in touch with the previous owner of the iOS device, you can ask them to remotely remove the iPhone activation lock by using iCloud.com and taking these steps:
- Open the web browser and visit the iCloud website. Sign in using the Apple ID and password on the iPhone.
- Select the right iPhone from the list of devices.
- Click on “Erase iPhone”
- After that, remove the device from your account.
Common Problems You Might Face When Removing Activation Lock without Previous Owner
Here are some common problems your may encounter and some questions you might have.
1. Can you remove the activation lock without the previous owner?
Yes, in case you cannot contact the previous owner, you can still bypass the activation lock. You can use Tenorshare 4MeKey to bypass the iOS activation lock. 4MeKey is reliable, safe, easy, and does the job perfectly.
2. Does a factory reset remove the activation lock?
Unfortunately, factory resetting your iOS device will not solve this activation lock issue for you.
3. How do you bypass the activation lock if you forgot the password?
If you forgot your credentials, you can get bypass the activation lock using the apple support system, Tenorshare 4MeKey, and DNS IP address.
In case your iPhone has an activation lock on it and the previoua owner cannot be reached, first off, Tenorshare 4MeKey will help you bypass this Activation Lock. Hopefully, in this article, you have discovered the best possible way to get rid of your iPhone Activation Lock.
This post was originally published on this site
The post How to Remove Activation Lock on iPhone without Previous Owner? appeared first on GulpMatrix.