Last month, the whole Internet was buzzing about Nintendo’s Pokemon Go but right now, I am happy to say, that this month has started on a bright note for users of Instagram. First off is the popular news that Instagram has decided to copy Snapchat outrightly, while giving them credit, and it is definitely a step in the right direction if you ask me.
With the live videos on Facebook and the way Snapchat is gaining momentum, it was only right for them to have some competition and who better than Instagram. However, this copycat card pulled by Instagram is going to play in two ways if you ask me. The first part is that Instagram faithfuls are more likely to stay back because they will most likely have more followers on IG. The second part is that as IG has credited Snapchat for the Stories feature, its is going to increase the goodwill of both parties and also the popularity of Snapchat.
To use IG stories is pretty simple,
- Tap the new “+” icon at the top left-hand corner of your IG app or you can reveal the story camera by simply swiping left.
- Record you video or Take a picture
- Type your text and resize it with your fingers, or draw in a variety of colors.
- You can use the three drawing tools: a normal pen, a highlighter that lets you emphasize text by coloring beneath it, and a “neon pen” that draws in white with neon color borders.
- There are also a handful of simple color filters, though unlike the main camera, these ones don’t have names.
The Second feature that’s quiet amazing by my standards is the anti-abuse filter that has been introduced by IG. This means that some characters will be blocked from comments on people’s post. It works by users of accounts defining in a filter words that they don’t want coming on their comments section. It is only available to high volume users for now and this I will say is an original idea in the right direction.
Instagram’s new stories are a near-perfect copy of Snapchat stories – http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/2/12348354/instagram-stories-announced-snapchat-kevin-systrom-interview
Instagram’s anti-abuse comment filter is rolling out now – http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/2/12365786/instagram-anti-abuse-comment-filter-celebrity-chrissy-teigen
The post Top Two Lovely and new Features of Instagram appeared first on Cuul Geek.