We reside in a fast-changing and dynamic world that has its fair share of blessings and curses. Such is the pace of modern life that the lines between our personal and professional lives are blurred, continually adding to our stress. And just when we thought that our lives couldn’t get any more stressful and confusing, COVID-19 comes marching in!
At the end of our busy days, most of us are left with a pertinent question – “How can I keep my mental stability intact in such uncertain times?”
The answer is Meditation. Granted that meditation is not the answer to our worldly problems, but it surely helps to calm our mind and body. Since we live in a time where we’re continually working and functioning as social and professional beings, it is more important than ever to take care of our mental health. This is why more and more people worldwide are seeking refuge in meditation and meditation apps.
What are the features that a meditation app must have?
Meditation has become the one tool for peace and relaxation both for millennials and Gen Z. Thanks to meditation apps like Calm, Headspace, 10% Happier, Aura, and Inscape, you can connect with expert meditation practitioners, access soothing voice-guided courses, listen to tranquil sleep music, and much more.
In 2017, Apple Store editors declared that mindfulness and meditation apps as one of the four breakout trends in app culture. According to Statista, by 2022, the U.S. meditation market is predicted to grow from US$ 1.21 billion to over US$ 2 billion. Another source suggests that between 2020 to 2027, the global meditation market will grow at a CAGR of 10.40% to reach US$ 9.0 billion. Since India is the source of origination of meditation and mindfulness, there’s a massive pool of untapped potential for Meditation App Development in the country.
If you wish to monetize this opportunity, we recommend that you include the following features in your meditation app:
- Onboarding tutorial – “Onboarding Tutorial” refers to a short but informative video clip that appears when users open the app for the first time. The tutorial’s primary purpose is to guide the users through the app and show them the highlights (core features) of your app. You can explain other additional elements as users progress in their user journey.
- Neat and consistent design – Meditation and mindfulness are all about helping you achieve a state of tranquility. Naturally, the app’s user interface must bear a minimalistic and neat design (it should never distract a user). The best choices for your app’s color palette are pink, purple, blue, green, and yellow.
- Personalization – Today, the best mobile apps are those that encourage customization. Every user who chooses to use your meditation app will have a unique motive to meditate. Thus, it would be best if you created the scope for users to customize their app experiences. For instance, users can create their unique profiles and earn badges for completing different sessions. These little features will allow them to feel more involved and in control.
- Play screen – This is one of the most crucial features of a meditation app. This is where the users will see the animations and elements come to life to create a relaxing environment. The play screen should again have a minimalistic design surrounding the “play” button. Also, make sure to include soothing animations and calming background images/music. Warm earthy tones and pastels are excellent color choices for the play screen.
- Meditation session sets – We’ve saved the best for last. Meditation sessions the most crucial aspect of your app. These sessions are nothing but podcasts based on different topics on mindfulness, each having calm background music (chants or nature sounds). While designing these podcasts, you must consider the needs of people belonging to different age groups and sex. Although each meditation session’s duration varies, recordings of 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30 minutes are the standard format. There may also be longer sessions of 45 or 60 minutes.
Like any other mobile application, a meditation app is made of numerous features. However, these five are the core aspects that you MUST keep in mind for meditation app development. With millions of people locked up in their homes during this pandemic, this is the ideal time to woo people towards “tranquility and calm” with your meditation app!
We at Affle Enterprise grasp your business challenges & ideate a personalized user experience to solve complex business problems. Connect with our team at [email protected] for a quick mobile app development consultation.
The post Must-Have Features of a Meditation App appeared first on Digital Transformation Blog.
This post first appeared on Why Entertainment Brands Would Prefer To Go Mobile, please read the originial post: here