Going out on a hunt, Looking for a Best Crossbow to buy in 2016?
If yes, then you are at right place, doesn’t matter you are a professional or beginner.
This weapon is being used from ancient times and for hunting purposes and they have been improved by time. The design was very much different in the old times from now, but the working order and principle was always the same.
Best Crossbow Reviews 2016
We have invested our serious time in researching the market to pick out the best model. These beasts come in a number of shapes, sizes, and calibers. Each model will provide you different shooting speeds and pulling mechanisms.
Choosing the best model is not a problem if you are not low on budget, however, I still recommend to read the complete guide. The more money you are investing, the more features and durability you are getting.
But if you are having money issues, then, of course, it is not going to be easy for you.
If you are in a hurry, then simply have a look at two of these models below.
One is the best for professionals and expensive as compared to others and the other one is the best Crossbow for beginners or entry-level users and of course budget friendly.
- Barnett Jackal Package – The best beginner or entry-level crossbow
- Barnett Ghost 410 CRT Review – The fastest and most famous crossbow for Professionals
If you don’t want to jump just yet, then here is the list of our Top 10 crossbows for the money to buy in 2016. Please have a look at comparison chart.
|Crossbow Name||Bow Weight||Velocity||Draw Weight|
|Excalibur Matrix Mega 405|
|6.2 pounds||405 FPS||290 pounds|
|TenPoint Venom Crossbow with ACU50||6.5 pounds||372 FPS||200 pounds|
|Barnett Ghost 410 CRT|
|7.9 pounds||410 FPS||185 pounds|
|Barnett Buck Commander Extreme||7.1 pounds||365 FPS||185 pounds|
|Excalibur Matrix Grizzly SMF Crossbow||6 pounds||304 FPS||200 pounds|
|Barnett Ghost 360 CRT||7.5 pounds||330 FPS||160 pounds|
|Barnett Jackal Package|
|7.7 pounds||315 FPS||150 pounds|
|Barnett Penetrator Crossbow||8.6 pounds||350 FPS||175 pounds|
|Arrow Precision Inferno Fury|
|4.8 pounds||235 FPS||175 pounds|
|Barnett Wildcat C5||8.5 pounds||320 FPS||150 pounds|
Excalibur Matrix Mega 405 Review – Best crossbow for the money
Excalibur Mega 405 is powerful and extremely fast when you are out there, hunting large game. Awesome built which is well balanced and ensures smooth performance and accuracy. This is the beast to kill the beasts out there when you are on a hunt. Excalibur is the finest crossbow manufacturer and the Matrix Mega 405 is the best and finest recurve crossbow that they have ever built.
The 405 feet per second of velocity is enough for the large game and don’t forget to buy an arrow puller with it.
The built quality is great and durable. Bulky limbs are helpful in stabilizing the crossbow. It is extremely lightweight as compared to others in our lineup, which makes it very easy to use.
Features and Performance
The maximum velocity of up to 405 FPS and 290 Pounds of Draw weight. The potential kinetic energy created by this bow is enough to hunt the big game.
Speed, Power, Smoothness, and accuracy are the 4 main factors which were kept in mind while designing this amazing crossbow. The adjustable scope that comes with it makes it extremely easy to hit your target. The built-in dampeners on the string ensure that bow doesn’t make any noise.
TenPoint Venom Crossbow Review – Compact and Lightweight Crossbow
This crossbow is extremely lightweight and compact, and incredibly fast at speed and performance.
The best thing about this bow is that it is extremely easy to carry and a perfect choice for cramped spaces and not to forget that this is one of the easiest to assemble crossbow right out of the box.
Here are some of the features which make it the 2nd best crossbow to buy:
- Lightweight and Compact design make it extremely comfortable for professional shooters to use it even in small hidings.
- The scope is accurate for up to 40 yards of areas which are enough to kill your target.
- The maximum speed of this bow is 372 FPS, which is enough to hit your target and the draw weight of 200 lbs allows you to go out there for large games (Especially in northern areas of America).
- The best feature you can find in this bow is ACU50. It will remove the draw weight by 50%, which results in an easy and smooth pull.
- The BowJax dampening kit is included in the package, which removes all of the noise and keeps the bow silent when you pull.
Barnett Ghost 410 CRT Review – Fastest Crossbow 2016 (Editor’s Choice)
The Ghost 410, my personal favorite and probably the most famous and rated crossbow by Barnett! What if I tell you that this crossbow is capable to shot an arrow at the speed of 410 feet per second and this is the fastest crossbow in our list and not that much expensive like the above two?
I am sure you will say, “WOW! That must be the most expensive crossbow out there?”. Well, I must tell you that it is not an inexpensive bow but it doesn’t cost a fortune either. It is cheap in cost as compared to the above two and provides more value money.
Let’s have a look at the best features of the fastest compound crossbow you can buy in 2016.
- The mounted scope that comes within the package provides you with a green/red dot illumination, which can be either turn on or off with a single button.
- The crossbow weight is 7.3 pounds only and the draw weight is 185 pounds. The bow is extremely lightweight and easy to carry.
- The bow uses a 15.4-inch power stroke which can generate an amazing amount of kinetic energy (149ft./lbs).
- The bow is designed to shoot 22-inch arrows with the velocity of 410 FPS. With such specs, you can easily go out there for large games.
Barnett Buck Commander Extreme Review – Lightweight and Fast
The weight of this crossbow is 7.1 pounds and it is one of the lightest compound crossbows available in the market. The buck commander extreme is made up of all carbon and aluminum and that’s the only reason, it is light in weight.
It is compact when cocked and that’s why it is extremely easy to use either on hands or on a tree stand.
The BCX is capable of doing a lot of wonders which a hunter ever wish. It comes with all of the tools, so you can enjoy hunting right out of the box. It can shoot arrows at the speed of 365 feet per seconds and it can produce the 118ft./lbs of kinetic energy, which can take the arrow deep inside the target.
Accuracy with the crossbow is great, thanks to the illuminated 3×32 scope. The sturdy, balanced and lightweight design make it easy to carry and easy to use. Also it is extremely comfortable
Excalibur Matrix Grizzly SMF Review – Probably the Excalibur’s most affordable crossbow
Excalibur as a Crossbow Manufacturer is considered one of the most expensive brand. But, here is an affordable option.
The grizzly is a great recurve crossbow and attention seeker for medium and small game hunters. The design is well-balanced, extremely easy to use, and easy to assemble.
The weight of this bow is only 5.5 pounds, which makes it perfect for teens and women. The materials used in the sturdy frame is composite and provides strength and durability. The accuracy is great, 30-inch narrow limbs provide a straight path for the arrow and the build is strong enough to bear 200 lbs of draw weight.
Let’s have a look at the best features of this crossbow.
- The maximum velocity of 304 FPS helps this compact crossbow to take down small-to-medium level games.
- The package includes 4 arrows, so you can start practicing target hunting or archery right out of the box.
- The adjustable scope ensures the accuracy and 200 pounds of draw weight ensure the kill.
- Excalibur Grizzly is designed to be lightweight, easy to use and efficient to shoot. In short, you will get what you will pay for.
Barnett Ghost 360 CRT Review – Fastest and Affordable
Here come another famous model by one of the leading brand, the Barnett Ghost 360.
Lightweight, Sturdy built and the accuracy make it one of my favorite crossbow to start with. The size is compact which is really useful for cramped hunting areas. The price is a bit higher than some of the other models in this list, but it worths every cent.
The weight of this monster is only 7 pound, and just like every other Barnett product, it is well balanced and easy to use.
It’s ability to shoot 20/22-inch arrows at the speed of 360 FPS, ensures a handsome kill and great for small-medium level games.
Barnett Jackal Package Review – Best crossbow for Beginners (Under 300)
Here comes Barnett with another great crossbow, specially designed for beginners. The package includes a quiver, few bolts and a red dot sight, and all of that you can use right out of the box.
You can assemble this crossbow easily, even its not a tough job for a beginner. More than sure, that it won’t take more than 15 minutes of yours.
There is only one thing missing in the package which is Broadheads. As soon as you get it, you can go out on a hunt.
Let’s have a look at the few of the benefits of this crossbow.
- The maximum speed of this bow is 315 FPS with the maximum draw weight of 150 pounds, which is enough under 300 bucks!
- The best thing is that the package includes everything and the crossbow is extremely easy to assemble.
- Quad limbs provide maximum stability without adding any extra weight.
- The cable system and energy wheels ensure powerful and fast shots, so you can be assured to hit your target.
Barnett Penetrator Review – Best Crossbow under 500
Here comes another crossbow all the way from Barnett. Penetrator is super easy to assemble and come with all of the necessary tools, so you can start your practice right away.
Penetrator can shoot arrows at the maximum speed of 350 fps, which can provide 109 ft./lbs of kinetic energy to those arrows. So, the arrows can go deep inside your target.
It is much more for a small and medium-to-large level games.
Let’s have a look at some of the positive points and benefits you can get with Barnett Penetrator.
- 5 years of warranty which covers the stock, limb assembly and trigger mechanism.
- The package includes three 20-inch, 400-grain aluminum arrows. However, I recommend you to buy Carbon arrows. A 4×32 mm scope is also included.
- The velocity is 350 FPS and the draw weight 175 pounds, to ensure your kill.
Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Review – Lightest Crossbow (Under $200)
Inferno fury is one of the cheapest crossbows available in our list. Cheap in price, not inc quality to be exact.
This low-cost bow is the best for beginners who are just looking for something inexpensive and lightweight to start their practice. The Arrow Precision Inferno Furey come with all of the essential tools, so you can start taking out right out of the box.
Inferno fury is not a crossbow which is built for large games. The maximum velocity of this bow is 235 feet per seconds only and the draw weight is 175 pounds. But still if you fire an arrow from 20-30 yards of distance, you can take down a deer.
Barnett Wildcat C5 – Best value Crossbow
Wildcat C5 is one of the most popular models of Barnett. It is designed especially for beginners and intermediate-level hunters.
Build Quality and Design
The is nothing wrong with the built quality of this crossbow. You can have a stable and powerful draw, thanks to the quad style limbs that come with energetic wheels. The string and cable system make it easy to pull the 150 lbs draw weight. The weight of this crossbow is 8.5, which is a bit heavy as compared to others in our lineup.
The design is great, featuring performance and comfortability. The grip is extremely comfortable and built with a thumb hole for proper hand placement.
Features and Performance
Barnett Wildcat C5 is packing a number of features and simply amazing when it comes to performance.
- Easy to pull the 150 lbs draw weight, thanks to the cable system.
- Velocity up to 320 FPS, to ensure the kill.
- Wildcat c5 is capable of generating 91 FP of kinetic energy to grasp stationary and moving targets.
- Barnett is providing the 5-year warranty on this model.
- The 4×32 adjustable scope is easy to use and is accurate for up to 20f.
- Comes with a quiver and three 20-inch solid arrows
Barnett is undoubted, one of the leading brands in the crossbow market and you will believe in Barnett after firing this model. Wildcat C5 is featuring a lightweight design, which is fast and powerful. Great accuracy and the ability to attach a cocking device to this bow, makes it one of the finest crossbows ever built.
Other then that, You are getting everything you need to go out on a hunt with this bow, at very low price. So, there is nothing to hate about this crossbow.
Related Buyer’s guides and Beasts Lists:
- Best Xbox One Steering Wheel
- 3d Pen Buyer’s Guide
- Best Wireless Routers to buy in 2016
The post Top 10 Best Crossbow Reviews 2016 appeared first on 10 Beasts.