Every Windows release brings lots of excitement and new features. And, with Windows 10, Microsoft has brought something for your Android devices and iPhones too. With your Windows 10 upgrade, you get the pre-installed Windows 10 Phone Companion App. This app lets you sync your Android phone, iPhone and Windows phone with your Windows 10 PC.
Read : How To Calibrate Battery of Android Device for Longer LifeThis Windows 10 Companion App is basically a tool to configure and install Microsoft’s apps and services on all your devices, and then integrate everything. With its help, now you can use OneDrive’s automatic photo backup, OneNote Mobile, Skype, Office Mobile, Outlook, Cortana, and listen to your songs on OneDrive from any device. The two functionalities, Cortana and songs on OneDrive, are currently unavailable on Android.
Points to remember
- Ensure that you are already signed into your PC with a verified Windows Live account
- Keep your Android or iOS device handy for setting up with the Windows 10 Phone Companion app
- You need to repeat the same steps for setting up all five compatible apps with the Phone Companion app
Steps to sync Windows 10 with iOS or Android
- Connect your Android device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Windows 10 will identify your device and proceed to automatically install any required USB drivers.
- Launch Microsoft’s Phone Companion app on your computer.
- Select the device platform to Android (or iOS) > select OneDrive.
- Enter your Windows Live account login details and click on the sign-in button.
- When you are logged in, you will get a download link in your email.
- Click on this link and download the app for your Android device. Or, you can choose to install the app directly from the Google Play Store. sync windows 10 to android
- Once you have installed the app, launch it and enter login details of your Windows Live email account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and give the app permissions to access your images / gallery to start syncing your data.
- All done? Time to move back to your PC. On the Phone Companion app, check the confirmation box that shows you that you have signed in to OneDrive app on your Android device.
- Confirm Camera Upload settings on your device and finish the process.
Also Read : How To Take Care of Touch Screen of Your Smartphone
When I read about the Phone Companion app back in March, I didn’t think much of it, since it merely presents information about existing apps and services. However, I’ve reconsidered my opinion since then. If you have smartphone using non-power user family members and friends who use Microsoft products and services, consider pointing out the Phone Companion app to them after they upgrade to Windows 10. While you can always use existing services like Dropbox and Google Drive across multiple devices, it’s nice to finally see some real Windows-specific integration on other mobile platforms.