If you’re the recipient of an LG G5 from T-Mobile or Verizon, you’ll be disappointed to hear (if you haven’t experienced it already) that the LG G5 doesn’t come with the LG Theme Store pre-installed. This is a disappointment, since the LG UX is not the most appealing in the world – and it’s likely the case that you’d want to have a different look and feel for your device to make it more personal.
Fortunately, there’s a way to get the LG Theme Store on the LG G5 without working too hard. If you’re willing to follow a few steps, you’ll have the experience you want in no time. Perform the following steps to get the LG theme store on the LG G5:
- First, you’ll need to allow third-party installs on the device. To do this, visit Settings <fingerprint and security<Phone Administration<Unknown sources. Turn the “unknown sources” feature “on,” after which you’ll receive a notification that says you’re responsible for these types of installs.
- Visit the following link on your device: us.lgworld.com/store/mobileWebview/gateway/main.dev
- Select your region. In the case of the US, you’d select “Americas.” If you’re from a European city-state, you’d select “Europe.” The other regions are self-evident.
- Select your language. Again, if you’re in the US, you need only scroll to the bottom of the page and select “USA (English).”
- Next, you’ll appear on a page that says “Download Guide” (though spelled incorrectly). You’ll see a red bar that says “Download LG SmartWorld.” Select it, and wait for the application to download. After it does, select it in the drop down notification window. You’ll appear at a page that asks “Do you want to install this application?” Select “install at the bottom right, and wait until the status says “app installed.” At that point, you can open the app or press “done” to go back to whatever it was that you were doing prior to the download.
- Keep in mind, too, that, if you use an antivirus app of any sort, it will give you a warning when you attempt to install the LG theme store from LG’s own website. Antivirus apps see LG’s mobile website, as they do others, as third-party sites that are apart from the Google Play Store. It’s LG, and you can trust it, but don’t be surprised if you get a warning message. You may even want to disable your antivirus first until after the install, when you activate it again.
That’s it! That’s all you need to get the LG theme store on your LG G5. You can find it in your app drawer and move it to your main desktop if you’d like.
Are you glad to see this tutorial on how to get the LG theme store on your LG G5? Would you like to see more tutorials such as this? Are there any specific questions you have about how to use the LG G5? If so, feel free to let us know.
The post Get the LG Theme Store on the LG G5 appeared first on AptGadget.com.
This post first appeared on AptGadget.com - Technology Reviews, Products And News, please read the originial post: here