Cloud computing is taking over the business scenario. Everybody knows that more and more companies are enjoying the benefits of virtualizing their desktops and storages. However, what most companies don`t know is how relevant the exact numbers involving cloud computing are becoming.
To showcase this, here are some fun facts that you didn`t know about cloud computing:
- By 2016, 36% of all data is expected to be stored in the cloud. And that`s up from 7% in 2013.
- Cloud Computing is up to 40 times more cost effective for an SMB compared to running its own IT system.
- 90% of Microsoft’s R&D budget is being allocated to improve cloud technology.
- By 2020, cloud computing will cross the $270 billion mark.
- More than 2% of electricity in the US is consumed by data centers.
- For every 1200 smartphones or 600 tablets, a new server is added to the cloud.
- Over 50% of American companies increased their cloud budgets in 2015.
- The US Federal Government saved $5.5 Billion per year by shifting to Cloud Services.
- 64% of companies have reduced waste and lowered energy consumption after shifting to the cloud.
- 94% of managers say their business security has improved after adopting cloud applications.
And that is why YOU NEED cloud computing! #GoCloud
The post 10 Fun Short Facts About Cloud Computing appeared first on Welcome Networks Blog | Private Cloud and Managed IT News Canada.