Readings from NASA's Chandra X-Ray Observatory are causing astronomers to question our understanding of exactly how the Magnetic fields of stars are generated. The researchers discovered lower-than-expected X-ray emissions from low-mass stars, indicating that convection plays a slightly different role in Magnetic Field generation than previously thought.
- Magnetic field
- Earth's magnetic field may be more than 750 million years older than previously thought
- How Earth's magnetic field is changing
- MIT study asserts that there is little risk of Earth's geomagnetic field flipping in the near future
- University student maps plasma tubes in the sky
- MAVEN uncovers secrets of Martian atmosphere loss
- NASA to deploy four spacecraft to study magnetic reconnection