Graphene, the "wonder material" composed of a one-atom-thick sheet of linked carbon atoms, is the world's strongest manmade material. Now, scientists have used it to create a new type of Concrete that is much stronger, water-resistant and eco-friendly than what we're used to.
- University of Exeter
- Fire-resistant concrete promises safer, cheaper and more efficient construction
- Fracture-resistant cement inspired by the spines of sea urchins
- FAA testing a concrete way to clear snow
- Bendable concrete
- Cement made with volcanic ash can make cities stronger and greener
- Work underway on EU's first 3D-printed concrete house