NASA has released a video showing the locations and motions of 29,375 Asteroids and Comets that have been discovered by the agency's Near-Earth Object Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer (NEOWISE) spacecraft. The video has been released to coincide with the publishing of the fourth year of NEOWISE observations, during which the telescope identified 10 potentially hazardous near-Earth asteroids.
- Space telescope picks out potentially hazardous asteroids
- NASA's NEOWISE discovers its first new near-Earth asteroid since returning to work
- NEOWISE returns first test images post hibernation
- First international asteroid tracking exercise proves a success
- Asteroid's close encounter puts global tracking network to the test
- NASA debunks asteroid strike rumors