When it comes to Inline speed skates (aka fast rollerblades), more wheels mean better grip on the road, but also more rolling resistance and thus less speed – fewer wheels mean more speed but less grip. German company funMACHINES is attempting to combine the best of both worlds, with its Gripspeeder.
- Inline skates
- Rocketskates let you walk or "motor"
- Cardiff Skates mount on your shoes, but don't have old-timey steel wheels
- Can Flexiskates kickstart a new pavement roller-skiing craze?
- Nordic skiing on the street with Skike bike-skates
- Easyglider adds electric drive to your rollerblades or skateboard
- Dreamslide takes a new stance on pedaling