The Norwegian architecture firm behind Europe's first underwater restaurant has shared designs for an energy-positive hotel in the Arctic Circle, the first of its kind. Snøhetta's sustainable Svart hotel takes advantage of its spectacular surroundings by hosting guests in a ring-shaped structure with panoramic views, and aims to preserve the natural beauty by keeping its environmental footprint to a minimum.
- Energy Positive
- Archiblox prefab home uses "a fraction" of the energy it generates
- Solar shelter shines a light on refugee integration
- Boston’s first LEED Platinum building to become energy positive
- Smart low-carbon Solcer House generates more electricity than it uses
- Magnetic field anomalies used to pinpoint your location in a building
- BAE takes on GPS with NAVSOP radio positioning system