Early last year, YouTube Guitar wizard Jared Dines began a quest to find a skilled luthier who could make him a one-off 17-string guitar. After being let down by a US builder, and left seriously out of pocket, Australian guitar maker of note Perry Ormsby stepped in to save the day. The result is the 18-string monster you see here, dubbed the Djent 2018.
- X doesn't mark the spot for Taylor's acoustic guitar bracing system rethink
- Stomp puts multiple guitar tones at a player's feet
- Virtual Jeff turns any guitar into a divebomber
- Old wood salvaged from Detroit firehouse used for very limited run guitars
- Cheetah strikes an odd chord with 3D-printed dreadnought
- Like clockwork: Martin builds timepiece in one-off acoustic