A parasite is an organism that attaches itself to a host, often leeching food and nutrients at the expense of its host. Parasitic Architecture emulates that relationship with new structures sitting on top of, underneath, or alongside existing structures, constantly relying on its host for support and resources.
- Entomologist acts as human incubator for bot flies
- "Zombie ant" fungus found to leave its victim's brains uneaten
- Scientists sequence genetic code of dog roundworm
- Nanotech could rid cattle of ticks, with less collateral damage
- New hookworm vaccine passes clinical trials in Brazil
- Chemically altered osteoporosis drug kills malaria parasite in mice