A remarkable new study from scientists in the UK has shown how a naturally occurring, and mostly harmless, virus is being recruited into attacking brain Cancer and enhancing the tumor-targeting abilities of the body's own immune system.
- Brain cancer
- Trained immune cells raise prospect of universal cancer vaccine
- How the poliovirus can be used to battle lethal cancers
- Groundbreaking gene therapy for cancer approved for use in US – but it's expensive
- Personalized cancer vaccines successful in first-stage human trials
- Injectable, intelligent gel targets cancer at the source
- Engineered immune cells yield "unprecedented" results in early cancer trials