Traditionally when a small tumor is discovered in the kidney an invasive and painful biopsy is needed to ultimately determine if it is malignant or benign. Researchers at UT Southwestern have developed a breakthrough new method that uses current Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) technology to accurately identify the composition and aggressiveness of a tumor without a biopsy.
- Medical Imaging
- Kidney-on-a-chip may save lives
- "Mini-kidney" grown from stem cells
- Giving cancer cells an inner glow to help surgeons remove them
- Roller coasters add some thrills to treating kidney stones
- Tiny bladder pressure sensor could provide life-saving information
- Scientists bioengineer functional, transplantable rat kidneys