The first round of globally-important automobile auctions takes place in Scottsdale in mid-January and it is traditionally where some of the world's most valuable cars are sold. This year, the highlight of the Arizona sales will be a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 770K Grosser Offener Tourenwagen used as the main parade car of Adolf Hitler from October, 1939, until May, 1941.
- "Earrings from the Gods" fetch world record $56.3 million
- Comic art values surge as Tintin flies past Superman, Batman and Spiderman
- The original Hot Wheels Lincoln Zephyr "Scrape" heads for auction
- Australia's "birth certificate" sells for $320,000
- World's first physics textbook sells for $790,000
- Could rare Mercedes-Benz 540 K Spezial Roadster break model record?