French researchers and the scanning project responsible for the recent discovery of a large void in the Great Pyramid of Giza have joined forces to develop a new robot exploration platform. The current focus is on developing a two robot platform capable of accessing and mapping inaccessible areas of ancient buildings without blowing through doors and walls to do so.
- This iceman wouldn't be caught dead in any old leather
- Debate stirs over mysterious "void" found inside Egypt's Great Pyramid
- Water tunnels beneath Mexican tomb carried ancient Mayan ruler away to the underworld
- Turning to "SmartWater" to save Syria's endangered relics
- Ancient Egyptian "billboard" could rewrite history of hieroglyphs
- Ancient child skeletons suggest China's Great Flood story does hold water